Keuka Kafe is a quiet wine bar-cum-cafe that is named after the Keuka Lake, one of the main Finger Lakes in New York. Keuka translates to canoe landing in the Iroquois language and means lake with an elbow in the Seneca language. The Keuka Lake region is popular for its wineries, whose wines and cheese collections are now featured at the Keuka Kafe. Along with its unique collection of wines from the Finger Lakes, the cafe also offers light seafood cuisine and gourmet meat and cheese boards.
Ollie Sakhno, owner and founder of Keuka Kafe, took part in wine tastings at Finger Lakes wineries while on a vacation, and discovered that the best wines came from this region. He was so impressed with the Finger Lakes wine that his wine bar and cafe was named after one of its major lakes.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Finger Lakes Wine
· Keuka Lake Region - Keuka Kafe sources its wines from popular wineries like Ravines Wine Cellars and McGregor Vineyard & Winery, which are located in the Keuka Lake region. Wine varieties from this region include Cabernet Franc, Sunflower White, Cayuga White, and Highlands Red.
· Cayuga & Seneca Lakes Region - Keuka Kafe's main wine purveyors from the Cayuga and Seneca Lakes include Thirsty Owl Wine Company, Atwater Vineyards & Winery, Sheldrake Point, Wolffer Estate, and Paumanok. Wine varieties from these wineries include dry Riesling, sweet Catawba, dry rosé, and other wines.
New York wines are so widely recognized that two of its wines were served at President Barack Obama’s inaugural luncheon in January 2009. Merlot from Bedell Cellars Winery, North Fork, and dry Riesling from Tierce in the Finger Lakes region were served for the inaugural lunch.
· Hudson Valley Camembert - brie-type cheese, aged 2-3 weeks, pasteurized sheep milk
· Bonne Bouche - soft and creamy cheese, aged 1 month, pasteurized goat milk
· Castelrosso - slightly stinky cheese, aged 4 months, pasteurized cow milk
· Young Goat Gouda - nutty and silky cheese, aged 2 months, pasteurized goat milk
· Weinkasse Lagrein - semi-soft 'wine cheese', aged 2 months, pasteurized cow milk
· Butter Milk Blue - creamy, stinky, big blue cheese, aged 2 months, raw cow milk
· Shropshire Blue - unique yellow blue cheese, aged 2-4 months, pasteurized cow milk
· Clothbound Cheddar - aged 12–18 months, pasteurized cow milk
· Sartori SarVecchio - Parmesan, aged 20 months pasteurized cow milk
· Gran Queso - sharp, American manchego, aged 6 months, pasteurized cow milk
Keuka Kafe is open 7 days a week, Sunday through Thursday from 12:00pm to 10:00pm. On Fridays and Saturdays the eatery is open from 12:00pm to 12:00am.
Meats and cheese boards, appetizers, salads, entrees, sandwiches, thin-crust pizzas, sides and snacks like the Keuka olive mix, fennel slaw, hummus, grilled sandwich, and quinoa tabouli. The menu also offers gluten-free and vegetarian options.
Desserts & Beverages
Includes espresso cake, coco fraise, red velvet cake, cheesecake, Creole cake, crème vanilla and beverages like espresso, cappuccino, and assorted teas brewed at the tableside.
Back to: Queens, NY
Keuka Kafe, 112-04 Queens Blvd, Forest Hills, New York 11375, website, Phone: 718-880-1478