Babbalucci is an Italian restaurant that was opened in May 2015 by Chef Andrew LoPresto, who comes from a family of bakers. The restaurant's name Babbalucci means snail in the Sicilian dialect, attributed to the fact that the restaurant relies on the ideals of slow food, as everything at Babbalucci is made in-house. The bread and pizza dough is made using a slow-fermentation process, which produces a light crust that is easy to digest.
Babbalucci uses local and wild seafood along with locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. This easygoing Italian spot offers pizzas, pastas and entrees prepared in a wood-fired oven. Babbalucci contributes to the Harlem neighborhood in programs like youth education and women’s empowerment and also promotes local organic produce. The restaurant is popular for its art and music events showcasing local talent from the Harlem community.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
All the baking at Babbalucci is still done in a wood-burning oven as LoPresto's main aim was to make use of wood-burning ovens as much as possible. LoPresto was introduced to wood-burning ovens as a kid while he worked at Luzzo's, his father's New York-style coal-oven pizza shop. He fell in love with wood-burning ovens during his stint at Blue Duck in Washington, D.C., and that is when Chef LoPresto decided to use a wood-burning oven when he opened his own restaurant.
Babbalucci is open every day of the week. Monday through Wednesday, the restaurant serves lunch from 11:00am to 4:00pm and dinner from 4:00pm to 11:00pm. On Thursdays and Fridays lunch is served from 11:00am to 4:00pm and dinner is served from 4:00pm to 12:00am.
On Saturdays, brunch is served from 11:00am to 4:00pm and dinner is served from 4:00pm to 12:00am. On Sundays, brunch is served from 11:00am to 4:00pm and dinner is served from 4:00pm to 11:00pm.
· Dinner - Includes antipasti, insalate, primi, secondi, and contorni assortments. The menu offers vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
· Lunch - Features antipasti, insalate, panini, and piatti varieties. The lunch menu consists of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
· Brunch – The brunch list features brunch pizza, insalate, brunch piatti, and contorni. The brunch menu also offers a carafe of mimosa with the purchase of a brunch entree, and bottle of prosecco with assorted juices and purees.
· Pizza - Babbalucci offers 12 and 16-inch rosse and bianche pizzas along with speciali pizzas that come in one size.
· House Crafted Cocktails - The cocktails menu features a list of over ten signature cocktails made of premium spirits and fresh ingredients.
Takeout & Delivery
Babbalucci accepts takeout and delivery orders placed via phone call made directly to the restaurant. The restaurant also offers an option to place online orders for both takeout and delivery from the Babbalucci menu via GrubHub and Eat 24. Order payments are accepted via credit card.
Babbalucci is available for booking private events of every kind. The restaurant offers its dining space as well as the full restaurant for hire. Private events bookings are accepted via mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Babbalucci, 331 Lenox Ave, New York, NY 10027, website, Phone: 646-918-6572