JW Marriott Essex House (formerly Jumeirah Essex House) is a landmark Art Deco hotel located between Central Park and Broadway in New York City. The hotel has 509 Art Deco-inspired guest rooms and suites with views of the park and Manhattan.
South Gate restaurant in the lobby of the hotel was recently redesigned by Tony Chi and serves Modern American cuisine. The hotel spa offers a selection of massages and other treatments. In-house spa facilities include a dedicated relaxation lounge, personal training, sauna and steam bath.
Rooms & Suites
Choose from 330 square foot guest rooms and stylish suites great for families, business travelers and parties.
- King Room: The 330 square foot (30 sq.m.) King guest room can accommodate two guests. Similar rooms are available with a Queen and Double bed.
- Central Park King: If you want views of the park, ask for this room.
- Manhattan Suite: The 600 sq ft suite has a separate living room and a large bathtub in the bathroom. Great for business travelers, it offers 2 phones (including a speaker phone), voicemail and High Speed internet access. There are two 32-inch TVs in the suite, great for families who can't agree on what to watch.
- Junior Suite: The 500 sq ft (45 sq m) is a more affordable option than luxury suites.
- Family Suite with Sofabed: This 600 sq ft (54 sq m) guest suite was designed with families in mind. There is a separate living room, perfect for relaxing in front of TV while kids are sleeping. Inside, you will find a marble bathroom with an oversized tub and shower and a plush robe.
- Central Park Suite: The 750 square foot (68 sq m) layout offers a generously sized living room and bedroom with views of NY's Central Park.
- JW Terrace Suite: Guests receive Executive lounge access with complimentary breakfast and hors d'oeuvres. The 2,000 square foot (180 sq m) layouts has plenty of space for entertaining if you are planning a party. There is a separate living room, dining area and walk-in closet. If you need even more space, connecting rooms are available.
- Park Deluxe: The 1,190 sq ft (197 sq m) layout has a separate living room, 1.5 bathrooms and overlooks the park.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Tips, Deals & Packages
Room rates start at $399 per night. The property offers savings on longer stays, AAA discounts and other promotions.
"Best of NYC Package for two" includes: Two NYC Explorer passe, guidebook, complimentary Internet, and breakfast. Rates from $499.
If you are planning a shopping trip, ask about "Bloomingdale's Shopping Experience" which starts at $449 and includes: Junior Suite or Essex Family Suite accommodations, $100 Bloomingdale’s gift card, One Bloomingdale's VIP Passport to savings, Complimentary Bloomingdale’s Personal Shopping Appointment. On top of that you have a choice of either the Shopping Experience Package or the Family Shopping Experience Package. The Shopping Experience includes: Champagne, gift and prosecco. The Family Shopping Experience includes: breakfast, frozen yogurt to be enjoyed by kids and grown-ups alike, and a toy.
"Romance on the Park" is great for couples. The offer starts at $489 per night, requires a 2-night stay, and includes: Champagne and strawberries, breakfast, VIP turn down, concierge services and late checkout.
Plan This Trip:
Location: 160 Central Park South , New York , New York , United States , 212 247 0300