The Compound Restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, has a rich history that is accented by high-quality Southwestern food. Set in an adobe home that was once part of a group of homes known as the McComb Compound, The Compound Restaurant offers patrons food that is prepared fresh using local ingredients.
Once a secluded getaway for stars and socialites, the main house of the compound was converted into a restaurant by the owners Will and Barbara Houghton. Designer Alexander Girard assisted with the design of the restaurant, lending it an elegant and distinctive look.
Chef Mark Kiffin offers patrons a menu filled with seasonal and local offerings to ensure that each guest enjoys a dish that is not only flavorful but also fresh.
The Compound Restaurant operates 7 days a week. The specific days and hours of operation are as follows.
Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm & 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Reservations for The Compound Restaurant can be made online via OpenTable.
The menu at The Compound Restaurant is composed of seasonal dishes using ingredients that are local to the region. Thus, patrons can expect to enjoy a menu using the freshest produce and sustainable products available. Chef Mark Kiffin has created his own spin on contemporary American cuisine. Some of the menu items are as follows.
· Lunch - Starters: sweetbreads and foie gras and an assortment of salads; main courses: house made pappardelle pasta, organic Scottish salmon, wild mushrooms and organic stone ground polenta, chicken schnitzel, Compound pastrami sandwich, jumbo crab and lobster salad, NM Moriarty lamb tenderloin and more; sides: baked wild mushroom mac n’ cheese, pan seared Broccolini, wild mushrooms, and more.
· Dinner - First courses: chargrilled yellow curry octopus salad, Compound classic "21" style beef tartare, guinea hen pappardelle, and more; main course: Maine lobster carbonara, allspice brined pork chop, Hudson Valley duck breast, slow braised lamb shank, and more.
· Desserts - Strawberry shortcake, Greek yogurt-apricot mousse, white chocolate panna cotta, cookies, Thai basil sorbet, and an assortment of dessert wines.
***Special menus are also available for holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas***
The Compound Restaurant offers several private dining spaces both indoors and outdoors that are specially tailored to the desires of the guests. Whether seeking a space for a small intimate gathering or hosting a large event, The Compound Restaurant offers spacious, specially decorated spaces for various types of events. The private dining spaces include:
· The Garden Room – accommodates up to 18 seated guests
· The Garden Patio – accommodates up to 24 seated guests
· The Exhibition Kitchen – accommodates up to 46 seated guests or 75 standing guests
· The Side Patio – accommodates up to 32 seated guests
Along with providing space, The Compound Restaurant offers prix fixe menus featuring a quality wine list for dining.
For more information about private event services at The Compound Restaurant, customers can contact the restaurant at 505-982-4353.
Instant gift cards for The Compound Restaurant are available for purchase via the restaurant’s website. These instant gift cards are delivered to the recipient electronically or the purchaser can print the gift card and deliver it to the recipient themselves. Gift cards are available in denominations from $50 to $2,000.
The Compound Restaurant, 653 Canyon Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501, Phone: 505-982-4353
(Last Updated on October 24, 2017)
Fun Romantic Weekend Getaways, Beach Resorts, Wedding Venues: IN, Atlanta, NM, ME, Miami, Birthday, Chicago, VA, OR, Couples, NM, LA, Montauk, UT, AR, ID, OK, KS, East Coast, CA, IN, OR, WY, MD, GA water parks, From Dallas, Hilton Head, Boston, day trips from D.C., from Seattle, KS, OR, Missouri, TN, beaches in San Diego, Portland, Charlotte