No matter how far back through human history we look, art and creative expression have always existed. People have always wanted to create and express themselves in different ways, from the earliest cave paintings right up to the masters of the Renaissance and beyond.
Art is a way for people to connect, communicate, and experience new things. For the artist, it’s a way to share their thoughts and feelings with the world. For the observer, it can trigger all kinds of emotional and inspirational responses.
Despite all the time that has passed over the centuries and millennia, art has been ever-present, adapting and changing in line with society and civilization. And now, in this digital, technological age, art is taking on even more exciting and innovative forms.
The power of cutting-edge technology like virtual reality and digital projection is giving artists and innovators even more tools with which to express themselves. Right beside the paint brush and the camera, digital tech has proven itself capable of catalyzing the creation of some truly breathtaking pieces.
These new forms of art deserve to be celebrated, admired, and appreciated by as many people as possible, and that’s a big part of the thinking that went into the founding of Paseo Project, one of the greatest and most innovative modern art shows in the world.
All About the Paseo Project
The Paseo Project is an art show held annually in Taos, New Mexico. It focuses exclusively on art that makes use of technology in some way, be it projections of light and color or full-on virtual reality experiences. The show got started back in 2014 and has been held each year ever since.
Founded in order to create a platform for experimental artists to share their visions with the widest possible audience, the Paseo Project is an entirely free show, designed to fuel debate and discussion among art lovers from all walks of life and let everyone enjoy the beauty and wonder of these amazing creations.
The Paseo Project 2019
In 2019, the Paseo Project will be back for another incredible art celebration in the beautiful city of Taos. All around the downtown historic district of Taos, art and expression will come to life all around you, with countless works and creations just waiting to be discovered and engaged with. It's one of the hottest events on the art calendar, and here's all you need to know about it:
- Dates - The Paseo Project 2019 will be taking place on September 13 and 14 of 2019.
- Price - The Paseo Project 2019 is a free event, open to all, so you don't need to worry about having to buy expensive tickets or passes to enjoy the art on display. Everything about the festivla, including all the various pieces and programs, are 100% free to the public.
- Times - Due to the nature of the art on display during the Paseo Project, the event can only really take place after dark, when the sun has gone down and the beauty and brightness of each piece can truly be appreciated. The lights and projections will be turned on after sunset and the event will remain running until 11pm of each evening.
- Theme - Each year, the Paseo Project has a new theme for artists and attendees to explore and engage with. For 2019, the theme of the Paseo Project is 'Connections', so the show will be focused on the ties and bonds that link and connect us, and the ways in which connect with each other and interact in all aspects of life, as well as other forms of connections, like our connection to the world around us, to nature, to the arts, and more.
- Art - The Paseo Project for 2019 is expected to feature around 20 different works, each large in scale and scope and taking advantage of various forms of digital and projection technology to create immersive, engaging experiences unlike the photos and paintings you'd find at a typical art show or gallery. Various up and coming and established artists from both the United States and the rest of the world are set to be in attendance.
The Paseo Project 2019 is set to be an exciting, vibrant event for all art lovers to enjoy. It's one of the best special events in Taos and one of the top dates on the calendar for New Mexico as a whole. If you love art, tech, new experiences, and connecting with others, this is a show you won't want to miss. website