Undercurrent Restaurant is downtown Greensboro's farm-to-table upscale diner and was established in May 1998. The restaurant serves up New American fare by Chef de Cuisine Michael Harkenreader in an elegant, white-tablecloth setting. The menu uses locally sourced fresh ingredients, with a special emphasis on seasonal and small harvest selections from the farmers of North Carolina.
Undercurrent Restaurant serves dinner Monday through Wednesday from 5:30pm to 9:00pm and Thursday through Saturday from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:00pm. Brunch is offered on Sundays from 11:00am to 2:00pm and cocktails are available from 4:00pm from Monday through Friday and at 5:30pm on Saturdays.
· Lunch - soup, salads, sandwiches, and entrees like skillet seared salmon, buttermilk-fried Joyce Farms chicken breast, grilled smoked trout, and grilled pork tenderloin
· Dinner - soups and salads, appetizers, and small plates and entrees
· Brunch - soup and salads, sandwiches, entrees, and breakfast fare like omelet, brunch burger, crab cake biscuit, lemon-poppy seed waffle, ropa vieja waffle, breakfast platter, breakfast sides, and Massey Creek Farms eggs
· Dessert - dessert wines, ports, sherry and Madeira, brandy and Cognac, and a dessert menu like white chocolate-blueberry bread pudding, lemon-ginger stack cake, chocolate-mint ice cream cake, Irish coffee cheesecake, banana-almond Carolina gold rice pudding, and a domestic artisan cheese selection
· Cocktails - The menu consists of almost 10 variations of cocktails priced at $12.
· Wine - The wine menu at Undercurrent Restaurant offers an extensive list of chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, other white varietals, Champagne and sparkling, rosé, pinot noir, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, Syrah/Shiraz, zinfandel, other red varietals, and dessert wines and port. The wine menu also offers of half bottle selections of white wines and red wines.
Undercurrent Restaurant is a great supporter of local producers and invests a great deal of time and efforts in showcasing local businesses. Along with Easter Sunday Brunch and Annual Oyster Roast events, the restaurant organizes events that revolve around local farms and breweries. The Social Tasting event features a small batch of beer from a local brewery and there are local farm events like the Prodigal Farm event markets, offering Animal Welfare-approved farmstead cheeses, and meat of artisanal quality. The events are charged per person and require prior reservation. Information about the upcoming events can be found on the restaurant’s website and social media pages.
Undercurrent Restaurant’s dine-in reservations are operated by the OpenTable online application. The online reservations can be made for up to 8 people, while parties consisting of more than 8 guests must call the restaurant to make bookings.
Undercurrent Restaurant offers a wide range of private events spaces at its venue;
· The Wagner Room - accommodates 40 seated and 60 for standing events
· Main Dining Room - suitable for 90 seated people and 110 for cocktail party
· Elegant Bar - seats up to 30 people
· Private Patio - a seasonal entertainment space that can accommodate up to 24 seated and 35 standing guests
Undercurrent Restaurant, 327 Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, North Carolina 27401, website, Phone: 336-370-1266