Sassool is a Mediterranean cafe and gourmet food market that serves authentic Lebanese and Mediterranean cuisine and fresh breads from its affiliated wholesale bakery. The restaurant is open daily and operates at two convenient locations at Raleigh and Cary of North Carolina.
Sassool was established by Mounir Saleh, who named the eatery after his mother –Sassool was Cecilia Saleh's childhood nickname. The owner derives inspiration from his mother's traditional Lebanese recipes, unique flavors, and cooking skills. Sassool is based on his mother’s deep-rooted culinary principle of “if you wouldn’t serve the food to yourself and your family, then don’t serve it to others.”
A gas-fired dome oven takes centerstage at Sassool. The oven bakes several on-site bakery products for the restaurant and bakery. Mounir brings his expertise from working at the Neomonde Baking Company, and today Sassool produces Neomonde artisan breads, whole wheat pitas, and oven-baked specialty pies along with gourmet sweets like homemade cookies, brownies, and macaroons.
1. Sassool, North Raleigh - Open all 7 days of a week, Monday through Sunday from 10:00am to 9:00pm.
2. Sassool, Cary - Open all 7 days of a week, Monday through Sunday from 10:00am to 9:00pm.
· Deli Platters - four-item sampler, Sassool Platter, lunchbox special, kabob platter, lamb kabob platter, mixed grill platter, vegetarian lasagna platter, and house salad
· Pies - The pizza-shaped pies are freshly baked on pita dough. Pie variations include cheese pie, meat pie (Lahem B'ahjeen), Spinach Carre, spinach fatayer, spinach feta pie, tomato olive pie, zaatar pie, mushroom onion pie, shawarma pie, and fig mint pie.
· Salads/Sides - autumn root salad, baba ghanouj, black bean salad, cabbage delight, cabbage salad, chicken salad, chickpea salad, corn salad, falafel, fatoush, grape leaves, hummus, jalapeño cilantro hummus, kale salad, kibbeh, labneh, Lebanese green beans, and more
· Sandwiches - sandwiches and wraps are offered in white or wheat pita pockets or wraps. Options include chicken shawarma, beef and lamb shawarma, kabob sandwich, lamb kabob sandwich, chicken wraps, falafel sandwich, kibbeh sandwich, and veggie wraps and burgers
· Kids - Children aged 10 and under get to choose from kid’s cheese pie, deli sandwich, kabob skewer, and kids dip served with an 8-oz fountain drink.
· Daily Specials - Features a daily specials Monday through Sunday
Sassool Mediterranean Cafe offers catering service for parties of every type and size. The restaurant's small platters are suitable for parties of 10 to 15 people and their large platters are ideal for 20 to 25 people. Guests can even customize the combination of items in the catering meal by choosing items from the restaurant's regular menu. One can engage Sassool’s catering service by filling up the catering inquiry form available on the restaurant's website.
Sassool Mediterranean Cafe menu is available for delivery and pickup in the Raleigh and Cary area. The online orders can be placed on TakeOut Central, Grubhub, OrderUp, and Eat24.
Sassool, 9650 Strickland Rd, Raleigh, North Carolina 27615, website, Phone: 919-847-2700
Sassool, 1347 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, North Carolina 27511, website, Phone: 919-300-5586
More: Wilmington inns, Raleigh hotels, Asheville hotels, Wilmington restaurants, Wilmington wedding venues, Wilmington Breakfast, North Carolina islands, Charlotte hotels, Drive-in theaters in North Carolina, Nags Head restaurants, Cherokee restaurants, North Carolina lakes, North Carolina train trips, waterfalls near Charlotte, North Carolina resorts