Jose and Sons in Raleigh is a family-owned Mexican restaurant that offers Southern and Mexican cuisine as a tribute to the family's Mexican heritage and the American South, where the family was raised. This popular Mexican fusion restaurant is named after owners Charlie and Hector Ibarra's father, who journeyed from California to North Carolina with a dream of opening a Mexican restaurant.
In 2013 the Ibarra brothers started Jose and Sons at The Depot on Davie Street, with Chef Oscar Diaz. The restaurant’s menu is a culmination of the family's roots, local Southern cuisines, and Chef Diaz's very own creative fares. The restaurant also features a tequila and bourbon tower at the very center, while its craft bar offers a large selection of beer and wine along with seasonal cocktails made from fresh ingredients.
Jose and Sons Bar & Kitchen is open Tuesday through Thursday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and again from 5:00pom to 10:00pm; on Fridays, from 11:30am to 2:30pm and then 5:00pm to 11:00pm; Saturdays, from 12:00pm to 3:00pm and again from 5:00pm to 11:00pm. The restaurant is from 11:00am to 3:00pm on Sundays and remains closed on Mondays
The brunch menu offers snacks and starters, sides, and sweets along with the below menus;
· Refreshments - Raleigh's Best Bloody Mary, Masmosas, micheladas, Sangria José, San Pellegrino, Mexican bottled coke, and seasonal agua fresca
· Mains - enfrijoladas, Guadalajara skillet, huevos Benny, waffles with market fruit marmalade, spicy veggie omelet, huevos rancheros, shrimp BLT tacos, "Jibarito" Plantainwich, and J&S pollo caliente sliders
· Snacks & Light Fare - guacamole tradicional, ceviche, chicken tortilla soup, and chicharrón and waffle
· DIY Lunch Taco Platters - stuffed portobello and collards, Baja fish tacos, hanger steak, and chef's marinated chicken thighs
· Mains - L Enchiladas Del Mar, "Jibarito" Plantainwich, Nueske's quesadilla, farmer's salad, and J&S pollo caliente sliders
· Small Plates - guacamole tradicional, Gouda mac n' queso, warm winter squash salad, ceviche, duck carnitas, chicken tortilla soup, fried porkbelly chicharrones, and more
· Heartier Fare - collard-wrapped tamales, enchiladas del mar, marinated skirt steak, Baja fish tacos, chicharrón and waffles, shrimp 'n grits, market chile relleno, and crispy-skin salmon
· Familia - the Chef's Picnic, which consists of family-style meal of grilled meats, seasonal vegetables, market greens, salsas, and corn tortillas
The dessert menu consists of sweets like flan de coco, pan de natas, tres leches parfait, homemade churros, and ice cream.
The bar menu offers cerveza bottles, cans, and draft beers, margaritas, Latin cocktails, handcrafted cocktails, vino blanco by the glass, and vino tinto by the glass.
Jose and Sons offers dine-in reservations for parties of any size. Smaller groups up to 8 are required to book via OpenTable, while larger groups are required to submit an online form to book tables.
Jose and Sons also organizes seasonal restaurant events like drinks festivities and brunch, which can be found on the restaurant's website under “events.”
Jose and Sons Bar & Kitchen, 327 W Davie St 102, Raleigh, North Carolina, North Carolina 27601, Phone: 919-755-0556
More Raleigh things to do