Piedmont is a New American Restaurant that focusses on local farm-to-table ingredients sourced from Coon Rock Farm, the restaurant’s sister farm located in Hillsborough. The ingredients are also sourced from Durham Farmers Market as well as from local purveyors and farms in North Carolina. The restaurant offers inventive spirits as well as classic Southern dishes by Chef John May.
· Snacks - "Carolina Moon" toast and chicken and bacon croquettes.
· Hot Appetizers - Creamed nettles, grit-crusted softshell crab, and pork neck gravy.
· Meat & Fowl - Blue Whistler Farm rabbit, bone-in pork chop, and Brasstown beef short rib.
· Desserts - Lemon and benne seed pound cake, caramel torte, thyme panna cotta, matcha pavlova, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon pancakes, apple donuts, and biscuit and jam.
· Sides - Anson Mills’ cheese grits, house-made tater tots, and Coon Rock Farm's bacon or sausage.
· Cold Appetizers - Beets and strawberries, chilled green garlic and ramp soup, swordfish ham, confit bluefish salad, and beef tartare.
· Seafood - Fried catfish and NC red snapper.
· Vegetarian - Braised green stuffed fiocchi, lion's mane mushrooms, and seasonal vegan entree.
· Eggs & Specialties - Piedmont brunch plate, deviled eggs, farm vegetable and cheddar omelet, eggs Benedict, crab cakes, shrimp and grits, and the Farm Burger.
Wine & Bar
· Wine - Wines by the glass, hard ciders, sake and dessert wines, sparkling wines, champagne, dry rosé, light bodied white wines, Rieslings and other Alsatian varietals, and wines from around the world.
· Bar - Spring cocktails, classic cocktails, temperance “cocktail”, local draft beer, local bottles and cans, and liquor selections like domestic bourbon and whiskey, Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, and artisan rum.
Piedmont Restaurant's dine-in reservation is powered by Resy online reservations, found on Piedmont's website. The restaurant accepts online reservations for up to eight guests while groups larger than eight are required to call the restaurant to make reservations.
Piedmont hosts private dining for all types of occasions from company socials to wedding receptions. The restaurant's mezzanine with industrial features and skylights can accommodate up to 40 people, perfect for cocktail reception. The restaurant's main dining room can seat big groups and is suitable for larger occasions like company events and wedding brunches.
Piedmont Restaurant hosts seasonal restaurant events from time to time, which are announced on the restaurant’s website and social media pages. Some of the restaurant events include;
· Seasonal Prix Fixe - A monthly event that focuses on a month's tasting menu revolving around a particular ingredient or specialty fares. The rotating monthly menu features seasonal ingredients.
· Fiddlehead Cellars - The Fiddlehead Cellars hosted by Piedmont Restaurant features their amazing wine collection from the Sta. Rita Hills and Oregon.
· Triangle Restaurant Week - The Triangle Restaurant Week at Piedmont Restaurant offers a three-course menu priced at $35 per person.
Back to: Things to Do in Durham
Piedmont Restaurant, Suite 401-B2 401 Foster St., Durham, North Carolina 27701, website, Phone: 919-683-1213