Sea Change presents sustainable seafood whose main menu is designed by 2009 James Beard Award recipient Chef Tim McKee. The restaurant's seafood purveyors are local fisheries that practice environmentally responsible methods of farming and gathering seafood. The restaurant conducts frequent checks on the catch numbers and gathering methods of fisheries to certify their ingredients indeed come from sources that are dedicated to the sustainable management of marine populations. The Sea Change menu also offers numerous non-fish items, along with late-night small plates and raw bar assortments.
Chef Tim McKee
Chef Tim is known as an acclaimed chef throughout the Upper Midwest and is also the winner of the 2009 James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest. Along with Sea Change, his other Minnesota restaurant, La Belle Vie, has gained a lot of regional and national recognition and has brought much praise to the chef.
Dallas-based food and beverage management company Culinaire is Chef McKee’s partner and assists Sea Change in its environmentally friendly ventures. The restaurant now serves water in reusable carafes instead of offering disposable plastic or glassware. Sea Change’s restaurant decor in itself is yet another example of the restaurant’s fervent endeavor to abide by a green philosophy. Architectural firm Shea Inc., Minneapolis, assisted the restaurant in transforming windstorm-felled timber and reclaimed materials into fashionable furniture for Sea Change Restaurant & Bar.
Sea Change Hours
· Dinner is served 7 days a week, Monday to Thursday between 5:00pm and 10:00pm, Fridays and Saturdays from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, and Sundays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
· Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday from 11:30am to 3:00pm and matinee days start at 11:00am.
· Brunch is served on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
· Happy hour is on Sundays and from Tuesday to Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Happy hour on Mondays is between 5:00pm and 11:00pm. Bar snacks are available Tuesday to Sunday between 3:00pm and 11:00pm and from 5:00pm to 11:00pm on Mondays.
· Late-night happy hour is every night from 8:00pm to 11:00pm.
· On Vikings home game days brunch is available from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Reservations for dine-in are to be made by calling the restaurant directly.
· Dinner - raw bar, starters, fish, not fish, and sides to share
· Lunch - starters, sandwiches, and entrees
· Weekend Brunch - brunch, sides, and cocktails
· Dessert - house desserts, coffees, and teas
The Sea Change drinks menu offers white and non-white wines served by the glass, half bottle, and full bottle. The menu also contains suds, an assortment of classic and specialty cocktails, and a list of happy hour drinks as well.
Special events at Sea Change can be organized in partnership with the Guthrie, which offers picturesque public spaces and three unique theatres with beautiful views of the Mississippi River and its surrounding neighborhood. The Guthrie offers a theatrical feel that is perfect for large events like weddings, corporate events, cocktail parties, formal dinners, and more.
Sea Change Restaurant & Bar, 806 South 2nd Street at the Guthrie, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415, Phone: 6120-225-6499, website
Fun Romantic Weekend Getaways, Beach Resorts, Wedding Venues: IN, Atlanta, NM, ME, Miami, Birthday, Chicago, VA, OR, Couples, NM, LA, Montauk, UT, AR, ID, OK, KS, East Coast, CA, IN, OR, WY, MD, GA water parks, From Dallas, Hilton Head, Boston, day trips from D.C., from Seattle, KS, OR, Missouri, TN, beaches in San Diego, Portland, Charlotte