The biggest city in the state of Michigan, Detroit is also the biggest city on the US-Canada border. It's a city with a fascinating past, looking ahead to a bright future, with a lot of interesting and exciting things to see and do. In short, it’s a great place to visit for families, couples, groups of friends, and business travelers too.
Nicknamed America’s Great Comeback City, Detroit is actually drawing in bigger and bigger numbers of visitors each year with its diverse array of restaurants and shops, thriving nightlife and live entertainment scenes, and its many museums and galleries too. Whether you’re heading there for business or pleasure, one of Detroit’s best hotels is the Trumbull & Porter.
Trumbull & Porter - a Unique Detroit Hotel
Regarded as the premier artisan boutique hotel in Detroit, the Trumbull & Porter has a lot of history behind it and has been a second home for generations of guests over the years. It offers luxury guest rooms, fine dining and drinks, lots of useful amenities, and much more besides.
- The History of the Trumbull & Porter - The history of the Trumbull & Porter goes all the way back to the 1960s. By then, Detroit had already earned its 'Motor City' status as the hub of the automobile industry in America, and the city needed a large-scale hotel to cater to its many visitors. The Holiday Inn Detroit was therefore constructed, offering more than 140 rooms, a spacious courtyard, an expansive outdoor swimming pool, and plenty of other amenities too, welcoming countless guests. The hotel later became the independent, locally-owned Corktown Inn, and then the Corktown Hotel, and now, in the modern era, it has become Detroit's first artisan boutique hotel: the Trumbull & Porter.
- The Hotel - Around $11 million went into the renovation and redevelopment of the old Corktown Hotel in order to transform it into something new, special, and different in a city that has always embraced difference and never shied away from innovation. With a unique, urban art-decorated exterior inspired by the very soul of the city itself, the Trumbull & Porter took the foundations established by the Holiday Inn and the Corktown and built on them in inspiring and exciting ways, creating a hotel experience that is at once traditional and contemporary, a glimpse into the future fuelled by the stories of the past.
- Location - One of the best aspects of the Trumbull & Porter is its location. Guests at this hotel can look out of their windows and admire the city skyline all around them, spotting key landmarks like the MGM Grand Detroit Casino with ease. Greektown and Mexicantown are mere minutes away, with all kinds of exciting dining and nightlife opportunities awaiting each and every visitor, while those who are in town for events of all kinds will also have easy access to the Cobo Convention Centre and the Renaissance Center, with the Henry Ford Museum and Ambassador Bridge nearby as well.
- The Rooms - This boutique Detroit hotel offers some of the very best rooms in the city. The whole hotel has undergone extensive redevelopment, with particular focus being placed on the comfort and design of each and every room. Inspired by the culture and heritage of Detroit, the rooms are equipped with furniture, textiles, and design elements that are locally made, helping to provide a truly authentic feel to this Detroit hotel, which boasts a range of room types from Queen and King rooms to larger suites with their own whirlpool baths.
- Hotel Amenities - When compared to so many other Detroit hotels, it's easy to see why Trumbull & Porter stands out as one of the best rated options in the city and has had so many 5-star reviews from past guests. This Detroit hotel offers everything from a fully equipped business center to a state of the art fitness center with weights and exercise machines of all kinds. The Trumbull & Porter comes with secure on-site parking too, and all guests can enjoy high speed, reliable Wi-Fi access from the comfort of their own rooms. The Trumbull & Porter can also boast of 24-hour front desk services, an on-site restaurant, a sundry shop, meeting spaces, a laundry room, bike rentals for those wishing to explore the city, and lots of in-room amenities too.
An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, the Trumbull & Porter is easily one of the best hotels in Detroit. Offering something completely different to the 'cookie cutter' experience of many big brand chain locations, this Detroit boutique hotel is an authentic location, inspired by the city and providing all you need for a memorable stay. website