Viera Cape Cod is a popular fine dining restaurant that is family owned and managed by husband and wife Ben and Angela Porter. Established in 2014, this West Harwich American restaurant took the place of Friendly’s, a former restaurant that occupied the space. Viera is popular for locally sourced bites, seasonal fares, tasting menus, and specialty cocktails. The restaurant’s menu is subject to change from time to time, with a special emphasis on seasonal ingredients that are sourced locally.
Ben & Angela Porter
Viera is the creation of Ben and Angela, a couple who have known each other since their kindergarten years. Born and raised in Harwich, both graduated from Harwich High in 1995 and went out of state to start college. Porter majored in hospitality and management from Johnson & Wales in Providence, Rhode Island, while Angela attended East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina.
Although Porter did not take up a single culinary course, he was attracted to the kitchen culture while he was hired by the Hyatt Hotel Corporation, California, after college. Porter worked at several other small and independent restaurants in Boise, Idaho, where he acquainted himself with all that is happening in the kitchen. After Porter returned to Cape Cod, he blossomed as a chef under the expert guidance of Chef Gil Pepin while he worked at 902 Main Street, a now defunct restaurant in Yarmouth.
The restaurant operates 5 days a week from Tuesday to Thursday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and on Fridays and Saturdays the restaurant is open from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Chef Ben maintains a small menu that consists of items made from outstanding ingredients. The chef cooks all the menu items from scratch and none of the ingredients are processed or pre-made. The restaurant uses antibiotic-free meat and poultry raised without added hormones. All meats and poultry used at Viera are certified all-natural and antibiotic and hormone free. Viera's seasonally changing menu is made with the best ingredients Chef Ben can find and is customizable to accommodate food allergies with prior notification.
Sample Dinner Menu
· Starters - Cape Cod Bay oysters on the half shell, fresh clam chowder, house salad, classic Caesar salad, herb falafel salad, sautéed Maine crab cakes, house-made charcuterie board, fritto misto, 7X Ranch steak tartare, and pastrami smoked steelhead salmon.
· Entrées - Sautéed organic salmon, Giannone Farms Statler chicken, 7X Ranch wagyu skirt steak, sautéed cape sea scallops, pan seared local codfish, pineland farms short rib, duck confit ravioli, sautéed Gulf shrimp, and spring vegetable fettuccine.
· Whites - Producer, varietal, sparkling, light, crisp, refreshing, medium body, and full body.
· Reds - Producer, varietal, rose, light body, medium body, and full body.
· Beer - Draught and bottle.
· Specialty Drinks - Martinis and rocks, etc.
Viera accepts dine-in reservations made via phone call made directly to the restaurant.
Back to: Cape Cod
Viera, 11 Massachusetts Route 28, West Harwich, Massachusetts 02671, website, Phone: 774-408-7492