The Merchant in Boston is a restaurant that gives a nod to the old brewery-style restaurants that originated in France in the mid to late 1800s. Offering a wide assortment of specialty brewed beers on tap and in the bottle as well as an impressive wine list combined with a delicious menu, The Merchant seeks to provide a place where people can come enjoy a good drink with good food in a location that is convenient for those seeking a night out on the town or for those that want to enjoy happy hour after work.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
The Merchant is open 7 days a week from 11:00am to 2:00am. The restaurant does open early on Sunday at 10:30am.
The kitchen is open during the following hours:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am to 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:30am - 12:00am
Reservations are not required, but can be made online via OpenTable or by calling the restaurant directly at (617) 482-6060.
The menu at The Merchant offers brunch, lunch, dinner, and late night options as well as an extensive drinks menu. The Merchant prides itself on creating delicious food from the freshest ingredients derived from local farms and suppliers. Menu selections include:
· Brunch - Brunch is served Saturday from 11:00am to 3:00pm and Sundays from 10:30am to 3:00pm. Menu selections include veggie omelet, jumbo shrimp cocktail, oatmeal encrusted French toast, eggs Benedict, and more.
· Lunch - This is a diverse lunch menu that offers a raw bar, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, salads, a variety of appetizers, and several main dishes such as fish and chips, steak frites, pan roasted trout, and more.
· Dinner - The dinner menu expands off of the existing lunch menu with additions such as the inclusion of a bar menu, additional appetizers such as tuna crudo and buffalo cauliflower as well as dinner entrees such as celery root fettuccine, pan-seared dayboat scallops, and more.
· Late Night - The late night menu is available from Sunday to Wednesday from 10:00pm to 12:00am and Thursday to Saturday from 11:00pm to 1:00am. Some options include spinach wontons, sea trout tartar, BBQ pulled pork sliders, veal and pork meatballs, and more.
· Drinks - Patrons can enjoy a number of draft beers and wine on tap, bottled beer, and wine as well as mixed drinks.
Gift cards are available for purchase on The Merchant website in increments of $25, $50 and $100.
The Merchant offers several private dining options to suit an assortment of private dining needs. From get-togethers to bridal showers, there is a private dining option that is perfect for any event. The Merchant offers two large dining rooms to accommodate guests for a private dining event, while specialized menus can also be created for a special event.
Patrons can stay abreast of the latest happenings at The Merchant by subscribing to The Merchant newsletter. Some of the popular recurring events include the Jazz Brunch every Sunday from 11:00am to 3:00pm and Friday night $1 oysters from 2:00pm to 7:00pm. Industry Night on Mondays from 5:00pm to 2:00am offers discounted drinks and oysters to those who work in the restaurant industry.
There are several convenient parking options for those visiting The Merchant. They include:
Daytime parking is offered at 20% of the posted parking rate.
Nighttime parking is available Monday to Friday from 3:30pm to 3:00am for up to 10 hours and is validated for $6.
Weekend parking is available all day Saturday and Sunday for up to 10 hours and is validated for $6.
Validated parking is also available at the 33 Arch Street Garage.
The Merchant, 60 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110, website, Phone: 617-482-6060