Dune is an upscale diner that is popular for its refined New American fare and craft cocktails, served in a modern setting that offers patio seating as well. Established on Nantucket in the year 2009, the restaurant is the creation of Chef and Owner Michael Getter, who has been a chef at some of the best-rated restaurants, like the 21 Federal and American Seasons. Michael is also an experienced sommelier and has received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Dune offers a large selection of wines, handcrafted cocktails, cordials, and liquors coupled with ever-changing menu offerings in its lunch, dinner, and dessert menus. The restaurant features an innovative range of local seasonal produce and ingredients sourced from selected purveyors and farms located at close proximity.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Dune operates Monday through Saturday from 11:30am to 2:30pm and again from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. On Sundays the restaurant operates from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
· Dinner - Cheddar and ale soup, Dune Caesar salad, roasted red and gold beets, Nantucket Bay scallop bouillabaisse, charred cauliflower “steak”, roasted fennel risotto, crispy duck confit, house-made goat cheese cavatelli, grilled stuffed squid, Spanish red shrimp, house-cured beet salmon gravlax, tea smoked duck breast, Dune prime burger, Greek chicken roulade, braised pork tostada, poached Scottish salmon, filet steak au poivre, pan roasted Atlantic halibut, vegetarian or vegan tasting plate, and sides like winter vegetables, stewed beans, Brussels sprouts, grilled bok choy, and Chinese broccoli.
· Wine Tastings - The changing wine tasting menu consists of Nantucket oysters, Chatham lobster tortellini, seared yellow fin tuna, beef tenderloin, and chocolate mousse cake. Guests get to opt for the seven-course tasting menu that is available upon request.
· Lunch - Bartlett Farm summer gazpacho, roasted red and gold beets, Dune house salad, oysters on the half shell, caprese salad, grilled mushroom risotto, crispy Rhode Island calamari, grilled Faroe Islands salmon, yellow fin tuna salad sandwich, grilled sirloin steak salad, Chatham lobster roll, East Coast mussels frites, crispy fish tacos, and the Dune burger served with garlic fries.
· Dessert - Dessert cocktails, port/sherry, brandy, dessert wine, and desserts like coconut panna cotta, warm blueberry brioche bread pudding, strawberry semifreddo, chocolate mousse cake, sugar and cinnamon doughnut, and daily ice creams + sorbets.
· Wine List - The menu consists of a large selection of white and red wine bottles along with sparking, white, rose, and red wines served by the glass. The menu also offers beers, cocktails, and mocktails that are served by the glass.
The online reservation option available on the restaurant’s website accepts dine-in table bookings for up to eight people. The restaurant accepts phone reservations for larger parties or custom reservations.
Guests get to choose from a choice of three separate private dining rooms and a patio suitable for special occasions and group dining. Dune also offers a wide range of customizable menu ranging from intimate multi-course wine and food tastings to wedding rehearsal dinners. Private dining bookings are to be made by calling the restaurant.
Back to: Nantucket Restaurants
Dune, 20 Broad Street, Nantucket, Massachusetts 02554, website, Phone: 508-228-5550