Just along Park Avenue in New Orleans is a mid-city restaurant that features Asian cuisine made from fresh Louisiana ingredients. This simply contemporary restaurant is all about using familiar ingredients with a fresh Asian twist, with each creative spin being executed in a very detailed manner.
Guests will want to try the popular tasting menu, featuring five tastings of complimentary flavors coupled with the right wines. Meanwhile, the more adventurous diners can take advantage of MOPHO’s build-your-own menu.
Guests looking to book at table at MOPHO can do so online via OpenTable. They can easily indicate the number of people as well as the date and time of the reservation.
MOPHO’s food selection changes depending on the season, so it’s best to check their website for the latest updates. The menu is also separated into lunch and dinner, so some items would only be available in either one. But here’s an example of the the menu would look like:
· Appetizers: Crispy Chicken Wings, Fried Gulf Shrimp, Griddled Pork Spring Roll, MoPho Som Tam Salad, Crispy Fried P&J Oysters, Crispy Vindaloo Bites, Fresh Spring Rolls, Vietnamese Street Corn, Spicy Sesame Cucumbers, Fried Bananas, Crispy Brussel Sprouts, MoPho Chicken and Dumplings
· Specials: Smoked Yellow Curry Mussels, Gulf Shrimp in Fresh Turmeric Curry, Glazed Pork Belly Bowl, Roasted Covey Rise Farm Eggplant Bowl, Pepper Jelly Braised Cedar Key Clams, Slow Roast Lamb in Green Curry, Glazed Pork Belly Bowl, Roasted Covey Rise Farm Eggplant Bowl, Manado Porridge, Coconut Laksa, MOPHO Chicken and Dumplings
· Go-To Bowls: The Veggie, The Standard, The Refresher, “And Today We Eat Meat!”
· Cocktails: Tamarind Soup, Violette Femme, Viper, Dragon Lady, The Doctor’s Wife, Tamarind Toddy, My Tie
· Draught Beer: Cane Brake, Jack the Sipper E.S.S., Nola Seasonal, Abita Amber, Radical Rye Pale I.P.A., Batture Ale
· Boba Teas: Guns + Roses, Beachbum, Mocho, Wedding Cake, Crepe Myrtle, Frozen Old Fashioned, Assaulted Caramel
· Wines: Sparkling, White, Red
· Beer: Various brands in bottles and cans
There’s also a special Happy Hour menu offering discounted rum, red curry turnips, chicken wings at half the price, and more.
MOPHO is well known for their Super Swine Saturdays, where they roast a whole pig over pecan wood on their outdoor pit. Another notable regular event is the Night (and day) of Vegetables every Thursday, when a special vegan and vegetarian menu composed of dishes made from locally sourced ingredients are made available to the public.
In addition, MOPHO also offers group catering services to those looking to host a public or private gathering for any occasion. They offer a very diverse menu with packages and setups in order to suit all kinds of catering situations.
For more information about MOPHO’s menu or their upcoming special events, contact 504-482-6845 or visit their official website.
MOPHO, 514 City Park Ave., New Orleans, LA 70119, Phone: 504-482-6845