Located at the corner of Freret and Jena just a block away from Napoleon is the High Hat Cafe, New Orleans’ casual neighborhood restaurant which features catfish as its specialty dish. Here, guests can sample the generous servings of fried catfish coupled with support dishes like roasted chicken, bbq shrimp, slow roasted pork, and fresh gulf fish. The restaurant only uses fresh, farm raised catfish, shrimps, and gulf fish from local sources. Finally, High Hat Cafe offers a wide selection of wines, draft beers, and craft cocktails, completing the dining experience. With good ambiance and an consistently good service crew, High Hat Cafe is a pretty solid lunch and dinner choice for locals and tourists alike.
High Hat Cafe accepts reservations online, but restricts it to those who are making reservations for at least eight people.
Aside from the regular menu, High Hat Also offers an entire section of daily specials and an extensive list of cocktails. Of course, High Hat Cafe wouldn’t be without its signature fried catfish.
· Catfish: Large(4 pcs.), Small(3 pcs.), Whole Fried Catfish
· Appetizers: Chicken and Andouille Gumbo Ya-Ya Bowl, Gumbo Ya-Ya Cup, Pimento Cheese, Deviled Ham, Deviled Eggs, Mixed Pickles BBQ Gulf Shrimp, Delta Hot Tamales, High Hat Boudin
· Salads: Shrimp Remoulade Wedge Salad, Roasted Chicken Salad, Field Pea Salad, Cecil’s Appetizer Salad, Cecil’s Dinner Salad
· Poboys, Sandwiches, and Burgers: Catfish or Slow Roasted Pork, Shrimp, Fried Oyster, Cuban, Reuben, Flat Top Burger, High Hat Burger, One-Eyed Bacon Cheese Burger
· Hot Plates: BBQ Shrimp, Smoked Roasted Chicken, Slow Roasted Pork, Flat Top Catfish, Spicy Seared Gulf Fish, Vegetable Plate
· Desserts: Abita Root Beer Float, Caramelized Glazed Donut, Chocolate Chess Pie, Seasonal Pie, Quintin’s Handmade Ice Cream
· Sides: Green Beans with Apple Smoked Bacon, Coleslaw, Vegetarian Green Beans, Braised Greens, Sweet Potato Salad, Field Peas, Grits, French Fries, Cornbread
· Kids Menu: Catfish Fingers or Fried Shrimp, Mini Burger, Grilled Ham and Cheese, Chicken Fingers
Daily Specials: features a seasonal salad using locally grown ingredients, pies, and more.
· Monday: Red Beans and Rice with Poche’s Smoked Sausage or Fried Chicken
· Tuesday: Fried Chicken with Braised Greens and Pimento Mac and Cheese
· Wednesday: Wild Card (based on what High Hat’s creativity can produce)
· Thursday: Wild Card (based on what’s available at the Farmer’s Market)
· Friday: Shrimp Creole
· Saturday and Sundays: Chicken and Waffles, Cornmeal Pancakes with Apple-Smoked Bacon, Corned Beef Hash and Rye Toast, Roasted Port Debris over Creamy Grits with Poblano Sauce
Cocktails: Cecil’s Cocktail, G&T, Seasonal Mojito, Fresh Juice Margarita, 4500, Space Cowboy, Delta Dawn, Uptown Pimm’s Cup, Barrel-Aged Old Fashioned, Sazerac, Ruby Hendrick’s
For more information and any inquiries, call 504-754-1336 or send them an email via their website.
High Hat Cafe, 4500 Freret Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70115, Phone: 504-754-1336