COLES 735 MAIN is a family-run fine dining restaurant housed in Lexington's landmark building, built in the 1930s. The restaurant specializes in New American cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients. The menu consists of world-class fares and local inspirations that showcase reinvented American classics, artisan dishes, and other global flavors. Every dish in the menu is hand-crafted like a piece of fine art by Lexington-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes.
The restaurant’s casual yet stylish ambiance features the charm and beauty of the French countryside and is coupled with a rustic indoor bar. Executive Chef Cole Arimes' love for food and the constant variety in the restaurant’s menu, along with its distinctive atmosphere, offer an unforgettable dining experience.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
The Stirrup Cup
COLES 735 MAIN is housed in a charming brick structure located on the corner of East Main Street and South Ashland. The Stirrup Cup was the first restaurant to occupy the Lexington landmark building, which was built in the 1930s. Following the closure of The Stirrup Cup restaurant, the building housed a pharmacy and several other restaurants, like Le Café Francais, Hall’s on Main, and Furlongs. In 2012, COLES 735 MAIN started operation under the able leadership of Chef Cole Arimes and his family.
Chef Cole Arimes
Chef Cole Arimes was raised in Lexington's Ashland neighborhood. He has worked extensively for restaurants in Cincinnati and comes with over 18 years of culinary experience.
COLES 735 MAIN operates 6 days a week, Monday through Thursday from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. On Fridays and Saturdays, the restaurant operates from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, while the bar and gazebo open at 4:00pm. The restaurant remains closed on Sundays.
· Dinner Menu - Starters, salads, side dishes, and entrees like marinated flank steak, pan-roasted duck breast, ratatouille, stuffed bronzini, seafood pasta, Scottish salmon, filet mignon, Moroccan butternut squash stew, and more.
· Bar Bites - Mains like panko-fried avocado, edamame, Scottish salmon salad, P.E.I. mussels, Kobe burger, smoked Duroc pork belly, charcuterie board, baked brie “en croute,” artisan cheese board, duck fat fries, and French dip.
· Gluten Free - Starters, salads, entrees, and sides.
· Wine List - Draft beer, bottled beer, craft cocktails, sparkling and Champagne, and wines.
· Sweet Bites - Wines, ports, and sweet bites like artisan cheese board, warm butterscotch pecan cookies, apple streusel cheesecake, bourbon ball, flourless chocolate torte, Woodford reserve creme brulee, warm chocolate chip cookies, pecan pie, and Madisono's Gelato. The menu also offers beverages like espresso, café latte, cappuccino, and café mocha.
· Cocktail Menu - The menu consists of bourbon sampler, craft cocktails, rye, bourbon and whiskey, and Scotch.
· Bourbon List - The menu offers Scotch, rye, and bourbon and whiskey.
While COLES 735 MAIN welcomes walk-ins, the restaurant recommends reservations made online or over the phone. The restaurant’s online reservations are powered by the OpenTable online application, which accepts reservations for up to 6 guests. For parties consisting of more than 6 guests, reservations must be made by calling the restaurant.
Back to: Lexington, KY
COLES 735 MAIN, 735 East Main Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40502, website, Phone: 859-266-9000