Set in a renovated 1924 warehouse located in the Holy Rosary Neighborhood of downtown Indianapolis, Bluebeard serves up contemporary American cuisine. Established by longtime friends Tom and Eddie Battista and Abbi Merriss, Bluebeard is a joint effort to offer a dining experience that is completely focused on the quality of the food. Using produce and meats from local farms ensures that Bluebeard is able to offer the freshest American cuisine possible. Guests will enjoy dining in this restaurant, with its good food and great character.
Bluebeard operates 7 days a week. The specific days and hours of operation are as follows.
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am -12:00am
Friday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Bluebeard does not accept reservations. Patrons are served on a first-come first-served basis.
The menu at Bluebeard features contemporary American cuisine that is made with produce and meats from local farms. The menu changes often to reflect the freshest offerings from local purveyors, and the daily menu is updated on the Bluebeard website. The following are examples of some of the menu items at Bluebeard.
· Lunch - Snacks: pickled herring, pickles and olives, nuts, oysters and bread; cheese and charcuterie; soups and salads; sides: roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, green bean casserole and loaded potatoes; sandwiches: egg salad, Cuban, falafel wrap, Sloppy Joe, turkey, ham, formaggio, and burger.
· Dinner - Cheese and charcuterie; snacks; soup and salads; small plates: foie gras, arancini, Bryan’s Beef; medium plates: scallops, chicken wings, curry wurst; large plates: chicken breast, ribeye, lamb chops, pork chops, and casarecce.
· Sunday - Cheese and charcuterie; snacks: chips and dip, olives, bread, oysters, pickled herring, pickles and nuts. soups and salads; small plates: chicken wings, scallops, Bryan’s Beef, foie gras, meagre; large plates: currywurst, lamb chops, pork chops, chicken breast, ribeye, and casareece.
***Between lunch and dinner service, snacks are served from Monday to Friday.***
Amelia’s Bakery is located within Bluebeard restaurant. This is a production bakery that makes fresh bread each day using Italian techniques. Each loaf of bread is hand-shaped and undergoes an overnight fermentation process that helps to develop the unique flavor that is characteristic of bread from Amelia’s Bakery.
Bread made at Amelia’s Bakery is used in the restaurant and sold at the lunch counter. Patrons can also purchase bread from Amelia’s Bakery at the following outlets:
· Green Bean Delivery
· Goose the Market,
· Pogue’s Run Grocer
· Broad Ripple Farmer’s Market
· Winter Market at City Market
· Original Farmer’s Market at City Market
· Nicole Taylor’s
· Binford Farmer’s Market
Bluebeard offers several private dining spaces that include a private dining room, family dining room, courtyard as well as a bar room.
Additional information about private dining at Bluebeard is available by contacting the restaurant directly at 317-686-1580.
Bluebeard offers gift cards for sale via its website. Gift cards are available in denominations of $50 to $200, and they are mailed to the recipient of choice.
Bluebeard, 653 Virginia Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46203, Phone: 317-686-1580