Located atop the Raffaello Hotel bar in Chicago, Drumbar is a chic, speakeasy style bar where people can see or be seen as they enjoy the inventive craft cocktail of their choice. Ever since it opened in June 2012, this rooftop bar has been hailed as made it to Chicago Magazine’s list of Top Ten Bars in Chicago and has been hailed by GQ Magazine as the “Best Whiskey Bar.” The place has also been labelled by Forbes Magazine as one of Chicago’s Best Rooftop Bars.
Being part of Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood, Drumbar boasts a moody yet energetic atmosphere with a cozy indoor lounge and a beautiful terrace with breathtaking views of the Hancock Building as well as Lake Michigan.
Of course, people go to Drumbar for its spectacular selection of cocktails, especially the popular whiskeys, scotches, cognacs, and bourbons. It’s a really good place for those who need to have their fix of good spirits in a relaxing environment.
Hours of Operation
This speakeasy bar is open six days per week from 5:00 PM until the late evening, and staying longer on the later days of the week.
Mondays to Wednesdays: 5:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight
Thursdays to Fridays: 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Saturdays: 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM
They also have a Happy Hour schedule, which is from Mondays to Fridays from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. After 8:00 PM, a dress code is strictly enforced (i.e. no caps, baggy clothes, sandals, etc.). Guests must also be at least 21 years old and must present a government issued ID upon entry.
Drumbar accepts table reservations and facilitates them through their website for parties of at least four people, all of whom must be at least 21 years of age. Reservations cannot be more than 2 weeks in advance of the inquired date. Also, take note that the guests must follow the dress code.
All cocktails at $16 (incl. tax)
· Specialty Cocktails: Concord Grape Gimlet, Before the Fall, Alone in the Orchard, Strawberry Cobbler, Boulevardier, Whiskey Sour, Penicillin, Daiquiri No. 2, Redbreast 12 Hot Toddy
· Old Fashioneds: Scotch, Mezcal, Bourbon, Mango Brandy
· Beer: Pilsner, French Country Ale, Saison, Belgian Wild Wheat, American Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Hoppy Pale Wheat Ale, Porter, Rose Cider, Apple Cider, Make it a Boilermaker
· Red Wines: Me Essential Wine Co., Domaine Fichet, CVNE Cune Reserva, Crocus, Mauro Veglio
· White Wines: Eola Hills, Emmolo, Borgo M, Weingut Josef Leitz
· Bubbles: Henry Varnay, Brigandat
· Rose: Bodegas Ostatu
Interested parties can book Drumbar for any special occasion, may it be a business event or a gathering between family and friends. A quick tour around the venue will show that the Drumbar is quite conducive for interaction over cocktails.
For more information about bookings, call 786.975.2595. For inquiries, call 312-933-4805, or visit Drumbar’s official website.
Drumbar, 201 E. Delaware PL, Chicago, IL 60611, website, Phone: 312-933-4805