Tikkaway is an Indian grill that offers quick and nutritious Indian fare that can be ordered to go. Owner and General Manager Gopi Nair along with his culinary team, consisting of Chef Pramod and Chef Tony, aim to change the perception that Indian food is spicy, heavy, and greasy. The Tikkaway culinary team conjures a plethora of fresh dishes and Indian flavors that strike a perfect balance between spices and aromas.
The Indian grill offers unique build-your-own choices of rice bowls, wraps, and salads that can be custom-built with filling and toppings of choice. In 2013, Tikkaway Grill opened its first location in New Haven, Connecticut, and subsequently, the second location of Tikkaway Grill was opened in Boston, Massachusetts. Both locations offer gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options.
Menu (updated on 4/16/2017)
Tikkaway Grill's menu is a simple process of choosing signature fillings and warm sauces on a choice of base options like rice bowl, salad bowl, and roti wrap. The menu also offers sides and beverages along with its on-the-go Indian-inspired fare.
· Rice Bowls - An option of brown rice or basmati rice that can be topped with a wide selection of meats and vegetable topped with an option of signature sauce of choice.
· Salad Bowls - salad greens served with a selection of vegetables and meats.
· Roti Wraps - a whole wheat Indian flatbread called a roti served with a filling of choice
· Filling Options - Fillings include chicken, lamb, chana (chickpeas), paneer (Indian cheese), and aloo (potatoes). Hot veggie options consist of white onions, beets, carrots, and cabbage. Cold veggie options include green chili peppers, red onions, cilantro, cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, and lettuce. Indian chutney options include mango, raita, and mint.
· Topping Sauces - choice of mild, medium, and spicy sauces made from tomatoes, cashews, lentils, coconut milk, and spicy-sour ingredients
· Sides - samosas, samosa chaat, papad, mulligatawny soup, and kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)
· Beverages - mango lassi, iced Madras coffee, nimbu pani, and hot/iced ginger chai
Tikkaway offers custom orders for groups of 12 or more people that can be delivered to a location of choice. Catering options at Tikkaway range from boxed small bites to buffet trays suitable for food requirements of all sizes. The catering menu also offers gluten-free and vegan choices!
Tikkaway's website offers an option to make online food orders for pickup and delivery. The online orders need an estimated 15 minutes for pickup and 45 minutes for delivery to a venue. The online menu offers the Tikkaway bowls and wraps along with a large variety of sides and drinks.
The eatery's website also offers electronic gift cards for prices $10 and up. Payments for online orders and gift cards are accepted via credit card.
Back to: New Haven. CT
Tikkaway Grill, 135 Orange Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, website, Phone: 203-562-1299