The United Kingdom is a fascinating country to visit, with a lot of diversity and variation to be found in places like England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Over in Northern Ireland, visitors can admire ancient Norman castles and stunning mountain landscapes. In Wales, rolling hills and charming coastal villages shine the brightest. Up in Scotland, mighty lochs and extraordinary historic sites are some of the top things to see. Meanwhile, England is home to a rich spectrum of cities, ranging from the enormous metropolis of London to scenic locations like Bath and Oxford. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
2.Getting to Scotland from London by Train
3.Getting to Scotland from London by Plane
4.Tips for Your Scotland Day Trip from London
Day Trip From London To Scotland
- Overview, Photo: samott/stock.adobe.com
- Getting to Scotland from London by Train, Photo: Richie Chan/stock.adobe.com
- Getting to Scotland from London by Plane, Photo: Leonardo/stock.adobe.com
- Tips for Your Scotland Day Trip from London, Photo: Roman Babakin/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: susanne2688/stock.adobe.com
More Ideas in the U.K.: Langley Castle Hotel
England is a beautiful country with centuries of history behind it, and so much of that history and heritage can still be seen today in the form of the nation's many castles, palaces, ruins, and other historical buildings, built hundreds of years ago but still standing in the modern era. These incredible landmarks serve as beacons to the past, symbols of real, tangible history, and amazing locations to visit and admire.
Visiting the castles of England, as well as those in the other countries that make up the United Kingdom, is a popular activity for many visitors and tourists, as well as native Brits, but what if you could actually spend the night, feeling all that history all around you and sleeping between the same stone walls and on the same grounds as nobility and knights from past ages? Well, at Langley Castle Hotel, you can.
Langley Castle Hotel - 14th Century British Castle Hotel
Langley Castle Hotel is a very special hotel in the picturesque county of Northumberland in North East England. Offering guests the unique setting of a 14th century castle for their stay, this incredible castle hotel lets people live out their dreams of spending a night or more in a truly historic building that has played home to many Lords and Ladies of the past. Here’s a brief rundown of all you need to know about this beautiful British castle hotel:
- The Castle - Langley Castle Hotel is an award winning 14th century fortified castle in the South Tyne area of Northumberland. Perfect for all kinds of stays from romantic getaways to family vacations, the castle offers a small number of rooms both inside the castle itself and around the grounds. It has been ranked as a four-star hotel by the AA and won a Gold Award from VisitEngland. The hotel has also been ranked as the 'Best Hotel for Romance' and won 'Best Small Hotel of the Year' on five different occasions. Set across 10 acres of incredible grounds, the castle offers a truly unique accommodation experience for all.
- The History - Langley Castle was built back in 1350, so there are over six centuries of history at this locaton. Many different Lords and Ladies lived there over the years, and Langley Castle is actually one of the most pristine fortified medieval castles still standing in England, as well as one of the only castles to be used as a hotel. The castle fell under the control of various people over the last six-seven centuries, eventually coming into the hands of a historian named Cadwallader Bates in 1882. Bates aimed to restore the castle to its former glory. He and his wife worked tirelessly to achieve this aim, and the fruits of their labor can be seen today.
- The Area - Northumberland is a particularly beautiful part of the United Kingdom. Located in the North East of England and renowned for its historical sites and vast, sweeping plains, it looks just like a location right out of a fantasy show like Game of Thrones. There are some hugely impressive historical sites in the area, including the iconic Hadrian’s Wall, and visitors to this area can enjoy many different outdoor activities like bike riding, hiking, fishing, golf, and visits to big cities like Northumberland and Newcastle.
- Events - Many different special events are held at Langley Castle Hotel each year in order to give guests even more magical memories and unique experiences. One example is the 'Starry Knights at Langley', which allows visitors to visit Kielder Observatory and spend an evening gazing up at the stars before enjoying a night's stay over at the castle, with meals, snacks, and more included. There are also the 'Gastronomy Nights', in which guests can enjoy incredible meals combined with star-gazing sessions.
The Rooms at Langley Castle Hotel
Guests will find a total of 9 rooms inside the castle itself and another 18 rooms in the 'Castle View' area, which is located in the grounds and offers beautiful views of the castle.
- Each of the rooms within the castle walls is named and has a unique layout and design, with the likes of the Derwentwater Room and the Greenwich Room having their own unique charms. The Castle View rooms are separated into Suites, Superior Rooms, Standard Rooms, and Lodge Rooms, each with their own features and prices.
- All of the rooms feature amenities like free internet access, Sky TV, luxury baths, tea and coffee making facilities, and air conditioning as standard, with most also having many additional comforts and luxuries.
Dining at Langley Castle Hotel
Guests wishing to dine at The Langley Hotel will have a couple of different options to choose from.
- The Restaurant - The main restaurant at Langley Castle opens up at 6.30pm for evening meals. Making use of locally sourced, seasonal, fresh ingredients every time, the restaurant offers delicious, modern meals in a medieval setting.
- The Glass Pavilion - The Glass Pavilion is a 30-seat conservatory extension to the main restaurant which is perfect for private meals and social gatherings.
- The Drawing Room - The Drawing Room is where you can enjoy afternoon tea and refreshments throughout the day. Beautifully decorated with high ceilings, historical art work, colorful carpet, and antique furniture, this room is a great place to relax and unwind.
Tours of Langley Castle Hotel
Each and every day, just after breakfast, experienced and friendly guides offer tours all around the castle. This is a great activity for guests to enjoy, with the tours taking you all around key locations in the castle like the chapel, the garderobes, and the battlements. You can ask questions along the way and learn some of the amazing stories the castle has to tell.
Special Events and Weddings at Langley Castle Hotel
Langley Castle Hotel is available for weddings and other special events, and can truly provide a magical backdrop for any occasion. It’s especially well-suited for weddings, with the amazing beauty and history of the castle and its ground proving perfect for wedding photoshoots and receptions.
- The hotel was a finalist in 'The English Wedding Awards 2018' and has been awarded a Luxury Lifestyle Readers' Travel Award as the 'Best Hotel for Romance'. Its story book setting and unparalleled allure make it a wonderful location for your big day.
- Many people dream of having a true ‘fairy tale’ wedding someday, just like the princes and princesses in stories. At Langley Castle Hotel, this dream really can become reality. There’s nothing quite like getting married at a real-life castle, and this is one of the few places on Earth where you can make it happen.
- Game of Thrones fans and other fantasy story fans will also adore the grandeur of the castle and the unique history of this location for their wedding. Langley Castle Hotel even organizes genuine Game of Thrones style weddings, with special decoration, dragon wedding cakes, wedding rings delivered by hawks, and more.
- Lots of different options are available to design and enhance your wedding, from garden ceremonies to religious moments in the castle's chapel, as well as photoshoots on the battlements, firework displays in the evenings, horse drawn coaches, medieval-style jesters and performers, and so much more.
Langley Castle Hotel, Langley, Hexham NE47 5LU, United Kingdom
You are reading "Day Trip From London To Scotland " Back to Top