Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is a historic getaway where you will be surrounded by timeless elegance. The hotel offers attentive service, luxurious guest rooms and proximity to cultural attractions in the city. The health club has a 40-foot salt water swimming pool, a separate children's wading pool and a whirlpool. There are also two squash courts, sauna & steam rooms, and a private sundeck where you can enjoy a quick snack. Restaurants and lounges serve Canadian-style dishes with regional influences. Fairmont President's Club members receive complimentary WiFi.
Choose from 180 guest rooms and 18 suites with views of the North Saskatchewan River Valley or the city skyline. Fairmont Rooms measure 300 square feet in size and have either one king or two double beds with views of the city skyline and the downtown business district. These rooms are located on floors 2 through 7.
Several types of specialty suites are available, great for families who need more space, as well as business travelers.
- Charles Melville Hays Suite : Enjoy a comfortable sitting area and a double-Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom in this 400 square foot suite which is located on 8th floor.
- Lois Hole Suite: This suite has plenty of natural light and is one of the most sought-after at the hotel. The bedroom and the living room are separate with French doors which open to reveal a spacious living room with easy chairs, coffee tables, and a sofa. The is a TV and large windows in both room. Enjoy a soothing bath in the single-sized jetted bathtub.
- King George VI Suite : Popular with honeymooners, the suite has a stairwell to the elegant living room area, a double-sized jetted tub in the bathroom and a separate shower. The sunken bedroom has a four-poster bed.
- Sir Winston Churchill: Enjoy an impressive cathedral ceiling in this bi-level suite located in on the 8th floor of the hotel.
- Edward VIII: If you need space for a small party, book this suite with a large living room with double-sized sofabed, dining room table for four, and a half-bath. The bedroom and full bathroom are located upstairs.
- Queen Elizabeth II: This luxurious suite is named for the British Monarch who stayed here while visiting Edmonton. There is a large foyer, service pantry, dining room with seating for 8, a grand living room, a queen bedded room on the main floor and king master bedroom on the upper floor, two full bathrooms and half bathroom off of the foyer.
- Signature Suite : This suite reflects a historical theme with a separate parlor and bedroom, complete with a spectacular view of the North Saskatchewan River Valley.
Fairmont View Rooms overlook the spectacular North Saskatchewan River Valley and are furnished in traditional style. Grande Deluxe Views offer more space (450 square feet), a sitting area and plenty of natural light. Signature Rooms reflect a historical theme and include a complimentary buffet breakfast in The Harvest Room.
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald offers wedding venues that can accommodate weddings of all size. You can have an intimate ceremony in the bridal suite, followed by a dinner for two, and a bottle of champagne, or a grand celebration in the Empire Ballroom. Hotel wedding planners help you take care of all the details, from music, dining menus, table settings and accommodations for your guests.
The following venues are available when planning a wedding:
- The Empire Ballroom: This beautiful room has 21-foot ceiling, a private terrace and a maximum capacity of 220 guests. If you rent this room, there is a minimum $19,000 food & beverage requirement, plus $1,500 to rent the room.
- The Wedgwood Room: Inspired by the intricate design of Wedgwood China, this round room has a domed ceiling and scenic views of the North Saskatchewan River Valley. It can accommodate up to 100. A $9,000 food & beverage requirement, plus $1,000 to rent the room.
- Drawing Room: Once called the Ladies Drawing Room, this room has three large windows, light blue walls, white woodwork and a warm intimate atmosphere. There is no food & beverage minimum - room rental cost is $600. This venue can accommodate 60 guests.
- Jasper Room: Decorated with oak paneling and woodwork, this room has stained glass half moon windows and beautiful valley views. You can invite up to 60 people.
- Edmonton Room: If you are looking for a quaint set-ting for an intimate dinner, book this venue which has an attached Parlour Room where you can host an elegant reception for up to 40 people before and after dinner.
Ask about the "All Inclusive Small Wedding Package" which starts at $100 per guest and includes a plated dinner for your guests, access to romantic spots around the hotel for photos, dancing, cake and a dedicated wedding planner.
Does the hotel offer vacation packages?
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald frequently offers packages and deals for couples, families and single travelers. The "Romance Package" starts at $349 CAD per night and includes romantic touches such as roses, chocolate dipped strawberries, champagne, buffet breakfast, and valet parking for your car.
The "Bed & Breakfast Package" is a very popular package. Starting at $239 CAD per night, it includes accommodations and breakfast in the morning.
The "Urban Arts, Style, and Elegance Package" starts at $219 CAD per night and includes: Overnight accommodations, a $25 Gift Card redeemable at the Edmonton City Centre Mall, and two passes for the Art Gallery of Alberta.
Plan This Trip:
Doubles start at $219 CAD per night, depending on when you go.
Location: 10065 100th Street , Edmonton, Alberta , Canada , 780-424-6481, 800-441-1414