Check into one of these spectacular resorts that made our list and play on one of the world's best golf courses, enjoying awesome views and challenging layouts. A great golf getaway should provide attentive service and a choice of other activities as well, such as relaxing spa treatments, swimming and tours of the surrounding area. Golfers should look for deals when booking their stay since greens fees can add up. Resorts frequently offer golf packages which include free replays, complimentary range balls and other perks. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.The St Regis Princeville Kauai
2.Private Island Golf in Fiji on Laucala Island
3.Streamsong Resort in Florida
4.Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania
5.Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando
6.The Resort at Pelican Hill
7.3 Spectacular Courses at theTurnberry Resort in Scotland
8.PGA Tour Championship course at the Innisbrook Resort
9.27 Holes of Desert Play at the Westin Kierland Resort
10.Dramatic Views in Mexico at the Rosewood Mayakoba
11.St. Regis Bahia Beach
12.Summer Play at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin
13.PGA National Resort in Florida
16.Island Green at Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho
17.American Club Kohler
18.Awesome New Zealand Greens at Cape Kidnappers
19.Scenic Desert Holes in Phoenix, Arizona
21 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas
- The St Regis Princeville Kauai, Photo: Starwood
- Private Island Golf in Fiji on Laucala Island, Photo: Laucala Island
- Streamsong Resort in Florida, Photo: Photo Credit: Larry Lambrecht
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania, Photo: Nemacolin Woodlands
- Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando
- The Resort at Pelican Hill
- 3 Spectacular Courses at theTurnberry Resort in Scotland
- PGA Tour Championship course at the Innisbrook Resort
- 27 Holes of Desert Play at the Westin Kierland Resort
- Dramatic Views in Mexico at the Rosewood Mayakoba
- St. Regis Bahia Beach
- Summer Play at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin
- PGA National Resort in Florida, Photo: PGA National Resort
- Phoenician Resort
- Island Green at Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho, Photo: Coeur d'Alene
- American Club Kohler
- Awesome New Zealand Greens at Cape Kidnappers
- Scenic Desert Holes in Phoenix, Arizona
- Cover Photo: Starwood
More Scenic Golf Courses in the U.S.
- Robert Trent Jones, Sr.-designed Course in Vermont: The Woodstock Country Club in Vermont features a 18-hole, par 70 course which initially opened for play in 1895 and was redesigned by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. in 1961. In addition to the course, there is a pro shop, practice range, putting green, restaurant, and a lounge. Guests can sign up for private lessons and clinics with professional staff. After a game, dine outdoors overlooking the course. The restaurant serves Lobster & Crabcake Sandwiches, New England Clam Chowder and other light fare. Greens fees range from $38 to $85, depending on the day and time of play. Guests registered at the Woodstock Inn pay less than outside visitors. Cart rental is an additional $36 for 18 holes; club rental is $25; range balls cost $5. For more information and reservations, call 802-457-1100. Find out more about the Woodstock Inn.
- Unlimited Play in Solvang, California: Play unlimited golf at the Alisal Guest Ranch with their special package. The offer costs from $695 per night for two people, two-night minimum and includes: Studio accommodations, Unlimited green fees, Carts, Range balls, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Taxes and service charges. Available midweek September through May or any two-nights from November through March (excluding summer and holiday periods). The property also offers tennis, horseback riding, group activities, and fifty miles of trails but you will probably be too busy teeing off to notice.
- Play Crosswater, Meadows and Woodlands Courses at Sunriver Resort:Sunriver Resort is a premier Oregon golf destination with three 18-hole championship courses: Crosswater, Meadows and Woodlands and a nine-hole putting course. The courses are designed around wetlands and meadows. Ron Seal's Academy offers half-day classes from mid-June to mid-September. The facility includes a 9,000 square foot putting green, a 9,500 square foot USGA specified short game practice green with chipping and pitching areas, and a 9-hole bent grass putting surface. Hourly private and group instruction is also available. Guests can book their tee times as soon as they reserve their accommodations. For reservations, call 541-593-4402.
You are reading "21 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas " Back to Top
More Amazing Places to Play Around the World
- Thomas McBroom Golf Course in Canada: Plan a golf trip to the historic town of St. Andrews by-the-Sea in New Brunswick, Canada and play on the scenic Algonquin Course. Designed by Thomas McBroom, this 18 hole, 7000 yard par 71 course offers splendid views of the ocean and a natural design. The 15-acre Algonquin Golf Academy offers golf lessons and customized clinics for both men and women. Couples Golf School, Women Only and Learn the Basics are some of the clinics offered at the school. Players can take advantage of video swing analysis and use a handheld GPS unit which measures distances and provides guidance on how to play each hole. The course is open from the end of May through September. Greens fees start at $59 CDN plus tax, including a cart, bag tag, bottled water and unlimited use of the practice facilities. Golf clubs can be rented for $40 CND for 18 holes; GPS Stroke Tracking System costs $5 CND for 18 holes. Private lessons start at $45 CND. Reservations can be made by calling the Pro Shop at 506-529-8165. Read more about the the hotel and plan your trip.
- Tee Off on a Ralph Plummer Course in Jamaica: Tryall's 6,221-yard, par 72 golf course, designed by Ralph Plummer, is known as the site of several international events hosted in the Caribbean. For resort guests, green fees start at $80 per day during high season (December 21st to April 15th); from $40 during low season. If you are not staying at Tryall, high-season rates start at $150 per day; from $110 per day in the off-season. >Guest accommodations include one to seven-bedrooms villas. Winter rates start at $450 per night for a one-bedroom Great House Villa; summer rates from $250 per night.
- The Carrington Club in New Zealand: The Carrington Club golf course in New Zealand was inaugurated in December, 2003 and designed by the American golf course designer Matt Dye. The excellent course design, clubhouse, and the luxury facilities make this an ideal getaway for anyone looking for an exciting and slightly different trip. The course offers a unique 100-acre seaside layout that is separated from the sand dunes of the Karikari Beach. It offers views of North Cape and a 900-acre natural wetland. The course is par-72, 6,837 meters from the blue tees, and 4,619 meters from the red tees. The Carrington Farms is home to one of the longest par 5's in New Zealand, measuring 569 meters. Soft spikes are mandatory. Greens fees are $75 NZD for house guests and $125 NZD for non-guests.
- Robert Trent Jones Jr. Course in Puerto Rico: Play on a scenic Robert Trent Jones Jr. Course, enjoying spectacular ocean views and challenging layouts. Stay at the luxury St. Regis Bahia Beach where you will have access to a five star spa and a great beach. The Course is committed to environmental preservation and is a certified Silver Signature Sanctuary by Audubon International. The greens are located along the ocean and around the scenic lakes, enjoying gentle ocean breezes and fabulous views. Facilities at the club include a Driving Range, Pro Shop and carts. There are no caddies. Guests receive preferred tee times and preferred green fees.
- Tee Off in the Canadian Rockies This Summer: Head to the Canadian Rockies this summer to play scenic mountain golf, hike in the mountains and enjoy great views from your room. Stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs and play on the resort's course which stretches along the Bow River with fabulous views of Sulphur Mountain and Mount Rundle. The original 18 holes were designed by Stanley Thompson in 1928. The new 9 holes were added in 1989. Guests can take lessons at The Fairmont Banff Springs Academy. Ask about the "Golf For Free Package" package which includes: Nightly luxury accommodation, One round per room per day on the Stanley Thompson Course (tee times beginning after 11:00 a.m.), Cart rental, Range balls and club storage. Rates start from $499 CAD per night, based on double occupancy.
- Irish Countryside Offers Challenging and Scenic Holes: Stay at a luxury estate and play golf with spectacular views of the Irish countryside. Known for its 18-hole signature course designed by Jack Nicklaus, Mount Juliet is a 1,500-acre estate located 75 miles south of Dublin. The Academy features a driving range with covered bays, practice greens, and a 3-hole academy course. The unique 18-hole, par 53 putting course is also very popular with guests, and the venue for the National Putting Championships. Green fees start from Euro 90 per round for resort guests. Rates at the hotel start at Euro 175 per night.
You are reading "21 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas " Back to Top