Check into one of these spectacular resorts that made our list and play on one of the world's best golf courses, enjoying awesome views and challenging layouts. A great golf getaway should provide attentive service and a choice of other activities as well, such as relaxing spa treatments, swimming and tours of the surrounding area. Golfers should look for deals when booking their stay since greens fees can add up. Resorts frequently offer
golf packages which include free replays, complimentary range balls and other perks.
We recommend that you call the attractions and restaurants ahead of your visit to confirm current opening times.
1.Pebble Beach Resort
At Pebble Beach Resort, visitors don’t just get to experience the top course in America, they get to enjoy the absolute best golf resort in America. It is home to three of the country’s top 50 public golf courses, all of which are situated along the resort’s picturesque coastline on the Monterey Peninsula of California. Golfers can pick their challenge from the sand dunes over at Spanish Bay, the cliffs of Pebble Beach, or the huge pines of Spyglass Hill. Better yet, stay for the weekend and try all three 18-hole, par 72 courses at Pebble Beach Resort, the six-time host of the U.S. Open Championship.
17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, California 93952; Phone: 800-877-0597
2.Private Island Golf in Fiji on Laucala Island
© Laucala Island
You will have the course practically to yourself on this beautiful private island which has just 25 guest accommodations. Laucala Island in Fiji offers spectacular snorkeling, scuba diving and awesome tropical beaches.
3.Streamsong Resort in Florida
© Photo Credit: Larry Lambrecht
Streamsong Resort is a new golf and spa resort in Central Florida, offering two scenic golf courses, luxurious accommodations, a European spa and four restaurants. Streamsong Blue golf course, designed by Tom Doak, features several elevation changes, huge bunkers and picturesque ponds. Streamsong Red, designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is one of the most spectacular courses in the world, featuring Bermuda Grass fairways, sand dunes and spectacular lake views.
Guests are accommodated in a 216-room Lodge surrounded by lakes and wildlife habitat. There are 12 guest rooms at The Clubhouse for golfers who want to be just steps from the first tee. After a round of golf, head to the spa which has 8 treatment rooms, 6 pools and a luxurious salon. Golf packages start at $139 per person (863-428-1000).
-- You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas" Back to Top
4.Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
© Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
100 feet above the Pacific Ocean, resting on a gorgeous stretch of dunes, is the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. At this resort, guests will find six unique links courses that are true to the spirit of the ancient links of Scotland. Here, guests can enjoy dream golfing conditions with a new experience waiting for every visit. Each course at Bandon Dunes features unique challenges that are tied to the natural environment of the area. Challenge the Bandon Dunes Course, the first out of the six to be opened, or be challenged by the ocean winds at the Pacific Dunes Course. Bandon Trails features long rolling fairways and trees, just as the Old Macdonald Course does. Other courses to try at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort include the Sheep Ranch Course and the Bandon Preserve.
57744 Round Lake Road, Bandon, Oregon 97411; Phone: 855-220-6710
5.Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania
© Nemacolin Woodlands
A fun getaway for the whole family, the Nemacolin Woodlands in Pennsylvania offers golfers 36 holes of challenging championship golf with scenic views.
-- You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas this Weekend" Back to Top
6.Evermore Orlando Resort
Evermore Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida is a golfer's paradise, offering 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature-designed golf. Since the hotel is close to Orlando's Wald Disney World, you can combine scenic play with a family vacation.
7.The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hil offers 36 holes designed by Tom Fazio. The Academy offers cutting-edge technology and expert instruction to help you improve your game.
, From LA
8.3 Spectacular Courses at theTurnberry Resort in Scotland
The scenery on the 11th Tee of the Ailsa Golf Course at the Turnberry Resort is unbelievable, with a beautiful lighthouse and unobstructed views of the ocean in the background.
9.PGA Tour Championship course at the Innisbrook Resort
Innisbrook Resort in Florida offers
four Championship courses, listed on Golf Magazine's "Top 100 You Can Play," and Golf Digest's "Top 75 Golf Resorts in America." The Copperhead course hosts PGA Tour players every March.
-- "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas for Locals & Tourists - Restaurants, Hotels" Back to Top
10.27 Holes of Desert Play at the Westin Kierland Resort
The Westin Kierland in Scottsdale offers 27 holes of scenic desert play with many spectacular water features and layouts that challenge players of all levels of skill. The Golf Club has state-of-the-art facilities, professional instruction and beautiful desert courses. Plan a trip to improve your game and have fun on three spectacular courses. The resort offers three 18-hole combinations named after indigenous plant life found on the course: Acacia, Ironwood and Mesquite. Each course offers its own unique set of challenges. If you play on all three courses, you will encounter over three hundred bunkers, many scenic lakes, dry desert washes and strands of desert trees. Aignature TifEagle greens have subtle, challenging contours. Facilities include Segway transportation, Fore-MAX training, climate-controlled and Scottish-themed play.
11.Dramatic Views in Mexico at the Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico has a beautiful Greg Norman course with several holes that overlook the Caribbean Sea. Plan a longer stay to take advantage of everything the world-class Jim McLean School has to offer.
© Adare Manor
Designed to challenge, inspire, and captivate golfers from all over the world, the golf course at Adare Manor is a must-visit course for die-hard golfing enthusiasts. So beautifully and so masterfully designed is the course that it is set to be the host of the 2027 Ryder Cup. Designed by the renowned golf architect, Tom Fazio, this paradise of a course features gently rolling terrain, lush greenery, great tree scaping, as well as the River Maigue’s lovely banks. Aside from its award-winning course, the Adare Manor is also home to world-class amenities like its luxurious clubhouse and restaurant, The Carriage House, its Pro Shop, which is comprehensively stocked at all times, as well as the inviting Cigar Lounge bar.
Adare, Co. Limerick, Ireland; Phone: 353-61-605-200
13.St. Regis Bahia Beach
The course at the luxury St. Regis Bahia Beach in Puerto Rico offers ocean views from its greens and fairways. Play a round, followed by a relaxing massage at the spa.
14.Summer Play at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin
Play spectacular summer golf at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin. The property offers 36 scenic holes, many with dramatic water views.
15.PGA National Resort in Florida
© PGA National Resort
Play on five championship golf courses at the PGA National Resort in South Florida, relax at the spa and next to the newly renovated pool.
-- You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas" Back to Top
or Amazing things to do around me
At Atlantis you will feel no guilt teeing off while your family enjoys all the activities the property has to offer, from one-of-a-kind slides to lagoons filled with marine animals.
Play scenic desert golf at the Phoenician in Scottsdale. The property offers a 27-hole championship course which will challenge players of all skill levels.
18.Island Green at Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho
© Coeur d'Alene
Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho is home to one of the most unique holes in golf in the U.S. The 14th hole is located on a tiny island surrounded by water. You have to take a water taxi to reach this mobile floating green.
19.American Club Kohler
A quick weekend getaway from Chicago and other towns in the area, the American Club Kohler offers two 18-hole championship courses where you can tee off as many times as you want.
-- You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas" Back to Top
20.Awesome New Zealand Greens at Cape Kidnappers
Cape Kidnappers is one of the top courses to play in New Zealand, offering magnificent ocean views and challenging layouts. Stay in one of the luxury suites at the main lodge where you can wake up to the views of coastal New Zealand.
21.Scenic Desert Holes in Phoenix, Arizona
Arizona Biltmore has eight pools that range from quiet and secluded to family and sports-oriented. The Catalina is one of the most peaceful and was once a favorite of Marilyn Monroe. For guests who like to stay active, the Arizona Sports Pool is the place to go and join a water volleyball game. The Bougainvillea is a smaller family pool with scenic views of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve. There is a 92-foot water slide and a swim-up bar. There are two desert golf courses. The newly renovated Adobe course is a great place to start - it features its original 1929 layout. Enjoy a 2.3-mile guided power walk at the base of the resort's 39-acre mountain preserve. Hiking and mountain biking are also popular. The poolside spa offers relaxing treatments as well as fun services, such as manicures, pedicures, nail art, all natural henna body art and hair braids. Private cabanas next to the Paradise Pool feature a full bath, ceiling fans, refrigerator, phone, TV, robes, special amenities and two reserved lounge chairs. Rates start at around $220 per night plus $20 resort fee, but vary depending on when you go. Weekdays are usually less expensive than weekends.
22.Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
The best of beach getaways and golf getaways collide at the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. Here, avid golfers can play the game they love while being surrounded by spectacular white-sand beaches, beautiful black-lava landscapes characteristic of the North Kona coast, as well as sparkling blue waters. The Hualalai Golf Course is a Jack Nicklaus signature and 18-hole championship course that will challenge players with over 7,100 yards of course flowing across various terrains. Meanwhile, the resort also features a nine-acre driving range for short-game and chipping practice, a club shop, and PXG rentals. One unique experience at the Hualalai Golf Course is their “Practice with A Pro” experience wherein professional golfers will guide their students through video analysis, warm-ups, and more.
72-100 Ka’upulehu Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; Phone: 808-325-8000
23.Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort
© Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort
A brainchild of the world-renowned Gary Player, the Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort is undeniably a jewel of a course with 18 challenging holes scattered over 85 hectares of cliff-side terrain. The Thracian Cliffs course is an intentional and well-thought-out masterpiece that is practically carved into the area to tailor-fit the course with the existing landscape. Each hole on the course can fairly be called a signature hole, but the sixth is sure to stand out with its position at the cliff top. Meanwhile, the course from the back tee will be one for the books with distances measuring over 210 meters.
9656 Bozhurets, Bulgaria; Phone: 359-57-092-222
24.Kiawah Island Golf Resort
© Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Play on courses that some of the biggest names in golf have made history on at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort. Having played host top-level tournaments like the Ryder Cup and the PGA Championship, the Kiawah Island Golf Resort promises challenging holes that have tested some of the sport’s most respected players. The resort features five different courses, each designed by different but equally revered names in the industry. At Kiawah, guests can choose between the Ocean Course by Pete Dye, the Osprey Point by Tom Fazio, the Oak Point by Clyde Johnston, the Turtle Point by Jack Nicklaus, and the Cougar Point by Gary Player.
1 Sanctuary Beach Drive, Kiawah Island, South Carolina 29455; Phone: 843-768-2121
25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas
- Pebble Beach Resort, Photo: somchai/stock.adobe.com
- Private Island Golf in Fiji on Laucala Island, Photo: Laucala Island
- Streamsong Resort in Florida, Photo: Photo Credit: Larry Lambrecht
- Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, Photo: Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania, Photo: Nemacolin Woodlands
- Evermore Orlando Resort
- The Resort at Pelican Hill
- 3 Spectacular Courses at theTurnberry Resort in Scotland
- PGA Tour Championship course at the Innisbrook Resort
- 27 Holes of Desert Play at the Westin Kierland Resort
- Dramatic Views in Mexico at the Rosewood Mayakoba
- Adare Manor, Photo: Adare Manor
- St. Regis Bahia Beach
- Summer Play at Grand Geneva in Wisconsin
- PGA National Resort in Florida, Photo: PGA National Resort
- Phoenician Resort
- Island Green at Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho, Photo: Coeur d'Alene
- American Club Kohler
- Awesome New Zealand Greens at Cape Kidnappers
- Scenic Desert Holes in Phoenix, Arizona
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Photo: Natakorn/stock.adobe.com
- Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort, Photo: Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resort
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Photo: Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- Cover Photo: Starwood
More Scenic Golf Courses in the U.S.
- Robert Trent Jones, Sr.-designed Course in Vermont: The Woodstock Country Club in Vermont features a 18-hole, par 70 course which initially opened for play in 1895 and was redesigned by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. in 1961. In addition to the course, there is a pro shop, practice range, putting green, restaurant, and a lounge. Guests can sign up for private lessons and clinics with professional staff. After a game, dine outdoors overlooking the course. The restaurant serves Lobster & Crabcake Sandwiches, New England Clam Chowder and other light fare. Greens fees range from $38 to $85, depending on the day and time of play. Guests
registered at the Woodstock Inn pay less than outside visitors. Cart rental
is an additional $36 for 18 holes; club rental is $25; range balls cost $5.
For more information and reservations, call 802-457-1100. Find out more about
- Unlimited Play in Solvang, California: Play unlimited golf at the Alisal Guest Ranch with their special package. The offer costs from $695 per night for two people, two-night minimum and includes: Studio accommodations, Unlimited green fees, Carts, Range balls, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Taxes and service charges. Available midweek September through May or any two-nights from November through March (excluding summer and holiday periods). The property also offers tennis, horseback riding, group activities, and fifty miles of trails but you will probably be too busy teeing off to notice.
- Play Crosswater, Meadows and Woodlands Courses at Sunriver Resort:Sunriver Resort is a premier Oregon golf destination with three 18-hole championship courses: Crosswater, Meadows and Woodlands and a nine-hole putting course. The courses are designed around wetlands and meadows. Ron Seal's Academy offers half-day classes from mid-June to mid-September. The facility includes a 9,000 square foot putting green, a 9,500 square foot USGA specified short game practice green with chipping and pitching areas, and a 9-hole bent grass putting surface. Hourly private and group instruction is also available. Guests can book their tee times as soon as they reserve their accommodations. For reservations, call 541-593-4402.
You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas " Back to Top
More Amazing Places to Play Around the World
- Thomas McBroom Golf Course in Canada: Plan a golf trip to the historic town of St. Andrews by-the-Sea in New Brunswick, Canada and play on the scenic Algonquin Course. Designed by Thomas McBroom, this 18 hole, 7000 yard par 71 course offers splendid views of the ocean and a natural design. The 15-acre Algonquin Golf Academy offers golf lessons and customized clinics for both men and women. Couples Golf School, Women Only and Learn the Basics are some of the clinics offered at the school. Players can take advantage of video swing analysis and use a handheld GPS unit which measures distances and provides guidance on how to play each hole. The course is open from the end of May through September. Greens fees start at $59 CDN plus tax, including a cart, bag tag, bottled water and unlimited use of the practice facilities. Golf clubs can be rented for $40 CND for 18 holes; GPS Stroke Tracking System costs $5 CND for 18 holes. Private lessons start at $45 CND. Reservations can be made by calling the Pro Shop at 506-529-8165. Read more about the the hotel and plan your trip.
- Tee Off on a Ralph Plummer Course in Jamaica: Tryall's 6,221-yard, par 72 golf course, designed by Ralph Plummer, is known as the site of several international events hosted in the Caribbean. For resort guests, green fees start at $80 per day during high season (December 21st to April 15th); from $40 during low season. If you are not staying at Tryall, high-season rates start at $150 per day; from $110 per day in the off-season. >Guest accommodations include one to seven-bedrooms villas. Winter rates start at $450 per night for a one-bedroom Great House Villa; summer rates from $250 per night.
- The Carrington Club in New Zealand: The Carrington Club golf course in New Zealand was inaugurated in December, 2003 and designed by the American golf course designer Matt Dye.
The excellent course design, clubhouse, and the luxury facilities make this an ideal getaway for anyone looking for an exciting and slightly different trip. The course offers a unique 100-acre seaside layout that is separated from the sand dunes of the Karikari Beach. It offers views of North Cape and a 900-acre natural wetland. The course is par-72, 6,837 meters from the blue tees, and 4,619 meters from the red tees. The Carrington Farms is home to one of the longest par 5's in New Zealand, measuring 569 meters. Soft spikes are mandatory.
Greens fees are $75 NZD for house guests and $125 NZD for non-guests.
- Robert Trent Jones Jr. Course in Puerto Rico: Play on a scenic Robert Trent Jones Jr. Course, enjoying spectacular ocean views and challenging layouts. Stay at the luxury St. Regis Bahia Beach where you will have access to a five star spa and a great beach. The Course is committed to environmental preservation and is a certified Silver Signature Sanctuary by Audubon International. The greens are located along the ocean and around the scenic lakes, enjoying gentle ocean breezes and fabulous views.
Facilities at the club include a Driving Range, Pro Shop and carts. There are no caddies. Guests receive preferred tee times and preferred green fees.
- Tee Off in the Canadian Rockies This Summer: Head to the Canadian Rockies this summer to play scenic mountain golf, hike in the mountains and enjoy great views from your room. Stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs and play on the resort's course which stretches along the Bow River with fabulous views of Sulphur Mountain and Mount Rundle. The original 18 holes were designed by Stanley Thompson in 1928. The new 9 holes were added in 1989. Guests can take lessons at The Fairmont Banff Springs Academy.
Ask about the "Golf For Free Package" package which includes: Nightly luxury accommodation,
One round per room per day on the Stanley Thompson Course (tee times beginning after 11:00 a.m.),
Range balls and
club storage. Rates start from $499 CAD per night, based on double occupancy.
- Irish Countryside Offers Challenging and Scenic Holes: Stay at a luxury estate and play golf with spectacular views of the Irish countryside. Known for its 18-hole signature course designed by Jack Nicklaus, Mount Juliet is a 1,500-acre estate located 75 miles south of Dublin. The Academy features a driving range with covered bays, practice greens, and a 3-hole academy course. The unique 18-hole, par 53 putting course is also very popular with guests, and the venue for the National Putting Championships. Green fees start from Euro 90 per round for resort guests. Rates at the hotel start at Euro 175 per night.
You are reading "25 Best Scenic Golf Vacation Ideas " Back to Top