The Umstead Hotel in North Carolina offers stylish guest accommodations and a beautiful day spa with private treatment rooms and stunning views of the three-acre lake. Relax at the eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna and whirlpool before or after the treatment. Herons restaurant serves locally sourced seasonal delights. Guests also get to enjoy the outdoor pool on their spa getaway.
The hotel offers guests a number of luxuries, including complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning, and an elegant Afternoon Tea experience with a Harpist. Visit the Lounge for drinks, nightly live entertainment, and to meet other guests. There is a seasonal outdoor pool with private cabanas which you can rent for extra privacy. The adjoining pool bar serves snacks and drinks so that you can spend the day relaxing by the pool on your weekend getaway.
The 24-hour fitness center is for guests who want to work out, as well as a 1/4 mile jogging trail around the lake. Jump on one of the complimentary bicycles and use the trail maps to explore the area. On weekends, join the complimentary yoga class to deepen your relaxation. Hotel guests also enjoy complimentary use of the Umstead Spa facilities including relaxation lounges, steam room, sauna and whirlpool, perfect for soothing sore muscles after a workout.
The spa uses calming botanical fragrances and soft music to create a calm oasis in the heart of the resort. Arrive early for your appointment and relax in one of the lounges, outdoors in the meditation courtyard, in the whirlpool tub, eucalyptus sauna or steam room. The spa offers a diverse selection of treatments, including organic therapies, exfoliation, body masks, massage therapy, facials or nail care services.
Rooms & Suites
The property has 150 guest rooms and suites equipped with complimentary Internet access.
- Premier Rooms: These rooms range from 540 – 570 square feet. Select your choice of one king-sized or two double-sized pillow-top beds.
- (Superior) Lake View Balcony Room: Also measuring from 540 – 570 square feet, these rooms have lakeview balconies.
- Studio Suite: These 785-square-foot garden-view suites are located on the spa level, giving you easy access to the spa and fitness facilities. They have a king-sized bed and a separate sitting area with a queen-sized pull out sofa bed.
- Spa Level Suite: If you are planning a spa weekend getaway, book one of these 650-square-foot suites with a king-sized bed and a patio for relaxing
- Executive Lake View Balcony Suite: The 922-square-foot suites have a view of the lake and plush features like a walk-in closet and double balcony entrances.
- One Bedroom Lake View Balcony Suite: These 1,080-square-foot suites offer plenty of space to families and honeymooners.
- Signature Spa Level Suite: This 1,210 square foot layout is perfect for relaxing indoors and outdoors on the spacious patio after you get pampered at the spa.
- Governor's Suite: Enjoy spectacular lake views from the 1,080-square-foot suite which features a huge balcony, perfect for a party.
- Presidential Suite: Located on the top floor of the hotel, this 1,725-square-foot suite features panoramic views of the lake and gardens, and original artwork on the walls. Luxuries include a 50-inch TV, deep soaking tub, wine cooler, and a huge balcony with three entrances.
Weddings at The Umstead
The offers couples a choice of romantic wedding venues, both indoors and outdoors. Celebrate your union with an intimate family wedding or a grand event.
- The Wedding Lawn: The 6,000 square foot outdoor lawn is a romantic spot for a wedding. Wedding rates start at $1,000.
- The Ballroom: The venue can accommodate 180 guests for a seated dinner with room for dancing or 250 for a strolling reception with room for dancing.
- The Salon: The 1,600 square foot room has scenic lake views, brocade-lined walls and an intimate pre-function space with a lakeview terrace. The Salon can accommodate 70 for a seated dinner, or 100 for a strolling reception with dancing.
Tips, Deals & Packages
Rates start at $320 per night. The hotel offers a selection of packages, great for a relaxing weekend getaway for two or a family vacation. The property is a popular weekend getaway from Durham and Raleigh.
The "Wellness Package" includes a $200 spa credit, and a special spa amenity. The "Weekend Escape Package" includes: accommodations for two nights and a $100 credit which can be used at the spa, for dining or shopping.
Plan This Trip:
Location: 100 Woodland Pond Drive , Cary , North Carolina , United States , 866-877-4141