© Roots Up Gallery
The Roots Up Gallery is predominantly a Southern folk art gallery hosting a wide variety of everything handmade, from paintings and sculptures to pottery and jewelry. Although the gallery’s wares are restocked from time to time, it is unlikely you’ll find similar items unless you place a make-to-order request.
· Folk Art – This collection includes intriguing paintings, carved wooden elements like trout and duck decoys, handmade buggy and truck cabs, and porcelain urns and jars.
· Paintings – The gallery features alist of unique paintings with their own quirky titles, including portraits of everyday life in rural parts, beautiful nature paintings, and portraits of interesting characters.
· Pottery – The gallery has an exquisite collection of porcelain platters, pitchers, keepsake cups, cellar sets, vases, teapots, and pool bowls.
· Relics and Artifacts – These handmade sculptures showcase such themes as saints and soldiers and you might even find a rare relic representing The Last Supper.
· Jewelry – The galleryhas an assortment of handmade long and short necklaces with turquoise, ceramics, agate, clay, lampwork, seashell, and many other attractive elements to choose from.
· Mixed Media – The mixed media art collection include a plethora of paintings and handicrafts that showcase collages and a mixture of many art elements. These paintings portray rock ‘n’ roll, cityscapes, and other modern components.
More quick trip ideas: Romantic Louisiana Weekend Getaways, Weekend Getaways from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Romantic Weekend Getaways in Arizona