The Mandarin Hide is a bustling trendy bar in downtown St. Petersburg that offers a mixture of old-school and specialty cocktails in a dimly lit, retro-style bar setting. The bar is popular as one-of-a-kind social sanctuary that offers its spirits to raise the spirits of visitors. The bar was founded in 2002 by proprietors Tony Casoria, Bill Griffin, Ryan Griffin, and Blake Whitney with a goal to providing visitors with a distinctive experience.
The Mandarin Hide is a stylish nightlife destination that surpasses the standards of a routine bar or lounge. The bar offers a unique and memorable experience with its exceptional cocktails list, welcoming staff, lively music, and unpretentious ambiance.
The Mandarin Hide is open 6 days a week, Tuesday through Friday from 4:30pm to 3:00am, and Saturdays and Sundays from noon till 3:00am. The bar remains closed on Mondays.
The bar uses two methods to make its cocktails truly unique;
· Barrel-Aged Program - The bar’s cocktails are aged in charred oak barrels and released seasonally.
· Ice Block Program - Ice plays an important role in the finish, appearance, and taste of a cocktail. The bar's ice program ranges from hand-cut to hand-crushed ice that gives a fine finish to the libation.
The Mandarin Hide conducts a wide range of experiments to explore new possibilities in their drinks. However, the house favorites and all time classics at the bar have acquired a prominent place in the bar menu;
· French 75 - Tanqueray gin, lemon, simple syrup, sparkling wine
· Nolet’s Nectar - Nolet’s gin, basil, agave nectar, lime, grapefruit bitters, grapefruit
· Pimm’s Cup - Pimm’s No. 1, cucumber, citrus soda
· Tito’s Blind Pig - Tito’s vodka, jalapeno, lime, cucumber, soda
· Port of Envy - Angel’s Envy, St Germain, tawny port, black walnut bitters, ginger beer
· Manhattan - Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Carpano Antica Vermouth, Angostura bitters
· Old Fashioned - Buffalo Trace bourbon, orange, cherry, Angostura bitters
· Sidecar - Hennessey VS Cognac, lemon, Cointreau
· Espresso Martini - vanilla bean vodka, Kahlúa, crème de cocoa, fresh espresso
· Aviation - gin, crème de violette, Luxardo maraschino, lemon
· Lemon Haze - Ketel One Citroen, limoncello, mint, lime, lemon, orange
· Blood & Smoke - Ilegal Reposado Mezcal, Solerno, agave nectar, orange, grapefruit
The Mandarin Hide Cocktail Conservatory offers a series of entertaining and informative classes for its guests. A detailed information about the upcoming conservatory event can be found on the bar's website and social media pages. Some of the cocktail classes and tastings offered by noteworthy personalities are;
· Bourbon: with Jason Fackler
· Gin: with Jon Harrel
· Hendricks: with Jim Ryan
· Michter’s: with Master Distiller Willie Prat
· Angel’s Envy Cask Strength: with Wes Henderson
Along with hosting private parties for its guests, the bar also hosts several special events at its venue;
· Boxcar Hollow and $5 Mules
· Tap Takeover
· Better with Bitters
· Mandarin Summer Soiree
· Bottomless Summer
· Morrissey Pre-Party Happy Hour
The Mandarin Hide, 231 Central Avenue, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, website, Phone: 727-440-9231
Fun Romantic Weekend Getaways, Beach Resorts, Wedding Venues: IN, Atlanta, NM, ME, Miami, Birthday, Chicago, VA, OR, Couples, NM, LA, Montauk, UT, AR, ID, OK, KS, East Coast, CA, IN, OR, WY, MD, GA water parks, From Dallas, Hilton Head, Boston, day trips from D.C., from Seattle, KS, OR, Missouri, TN, beaches in San Diego, Portland, Charlotte