The Central Sarasota Farmers Market was inaugurated in January 2014 and features local and regional vendors who produce herbs, plants, fruits, vegetables, meat, cooked food, and baked goods. The market adopts a tradition of seeking and hosting local vendors who are farmers or producers and not just resellers. This open-air market also provides a venue for local artists, service providers, artisans, live entertainment, local businesses, and non-profit trades.
This farmers market in Sarasota, FL is the very embodiment of the educational American farmers market as the vendors offer a trove of information along with their produce. This market is an excellent place to witness the vendors ensuring that visitors leave knowing everything about the food they eat.
· Brown’s Grove - This family-run farm mainly produces citrus varieties like grapefruits, tangerines, oranges, and tangelos. The family also raises all-natural meats, honey, cored pineapple, and a wide range of other agricultural products.
· Geraldson’s Community Organic Farm - This 20-acre organic farm produces fresh vegetables and fruits that are safe and healthy. Their yield includes turnips, Asian greens, kale, collard greens, carrots, radish, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, spinach, cabbages, peppers, herbs, watermelons, and much more.
· Green Garden Chef - Camille, the owner of this stall, is a biologist and gardener at the Florida House Learning Center, whose stall offers a wide variety of homemade jellies and jams along with plants, herbs, and many other seasonal products.
· Morningwood Growers - Offers a large variety of tropical plants like Jatropha podagrica, plumerias, Ficus bonsai, bromeliads, tillandsias, pitcher plants, and orchids.
· Homestead Hydroponic Farm - This exclusive hydroponic farm is owned and managed by Sarah and Mike, a husband-and-wife team. This farm utilizes hydroculture, a unique method of growing plants without soil. The farm uses water-soluble mineral nutrients to replace soil and produces an array of vegetables and flowers in hydroponic stacks.
· Glenn Family Bakery - homemade artisan breads, brownies, custom-made logo cookies and other cookies, assorted cheesecake flavors, tarts, coffee cakes, pies, gluten free, and more varieties of desserts. Their products can also be found at their local shop Cheesecake Me Desserts, located in Sarasota.
· Myakka’s Gold Apiary - Stop by to check out the various flavors of locally made honey raised and collected by Jim Cutway, the owner of this stall.
· Out and About Coffee - This stall offers coffee drinks, ground coffee, cold-brewed coffee, gourmet whole bean coffee, coffee grumblers, and coffee growlers.
· Solid Slab BBQ – Their menu includes ribs, mac n’cheese, brisket, pulled pork, beans, jalapeño poppers, smoked mullet, tacos, fries, and corn on the cob.
The Central Sarasota Farmers Market is set up in the parking lot of the Sarasota County Technical Institute (S.C.T.I.), which is located on the corner of Proctor Road and Beneva Road at 4748 S. Beneva Road, Sarasota.
Back to: Things to Do in Sarasota, FL
Central Sarasota Farmers Market, 4454 Beneva Rd, Sarasota, Florida 34233