There are some terrific breweries all around the United States, with the country producing some of the best beers in the world. Beer has long been a big part of American culture, with plenty of fun beer festivals and beer-related events being held and enjoyed all year long in many different states. One of the very best beer festivals in Delaware is the Historic Odessa Brewfest.
Organized for a good cause, with all funds going to help restore, preserve, and maintain beautiful cultural sites and iconic architecture in Odessa, the Historic Odessa Brewfest brings together some of America’s best craft breweries, serving up delicious brews for all attendees. Wines and spirits are also provided, as well as high quality snacks and vibrant live music to keep everyone entertained.
Historic Odessa Brewfest 2019
For 2019, the Historic Odessa Brewfest will be celebrating its 6th year of existence. Guaranteed to be an exciting event on the calendar for Delaware residents and out of state visitors, the Historic Odessa Brewfest is always a fun time for beer, food, and music lovers. Here's all you need to know about the 2019 edition of this historic and iconic festival:
- Location - The 2019 edition of the Odessa Brewfest will be held on the grounds of the Historic Odessa Foundation at 201 Main Street, Odessa, Delaware.
- Getting There - If you're planning on attending this popular beer and music festival in Delaware, the site is just over 20 miles away from the cities of Wilmington and Dover. If you're traveling from Philadelphia and the North, you can take the I-95 South. Those driving from Washington DC can follow Route 50 and Route 301 into Delaware and then Route 299 towards Odessa. Finally, those traveling from Baltimore and the South can take the I-95 North.
- Dates and Times - The 2019 Historic Odessa Brewfest will be held on September 7. The event will get started at noon with the VIP Tasting and then open for general admission and the full festival from 2pm onwards. Taps close at 6pm.
- Important Information - All guests must be aged 21 and above in order to attend the Odessa Brewfest and if you appear young, you may be asked to provide photo ID to prove your age. Tickets are transferable but not refundable, and no pets are allowed at the event. All guests must remember to bring their tickets and ID, and everyone will receive their own tasting cup on arrival.
- What To Expect - The Historic Odessa Brewfest is, at its core, a celebration of the best breweries and beers from all around the United States. Many guest breweries will be in attendance, with some of the top names on the guest list including the likes of Sixpoint Brewery, 16 Mile Brewery, Victory Brewing Company, Goose Island Beer Company, Harpoon Brewery, Green Flash, Flying Dog, and Flying Fish Brewing Company. Breweries from many different states will be in attendance, and the festival will give all attendees a chance to sample some terrific craft beers, as well as enjoy delicious food and live music too. Local wines and spirits will also be on offer and the whole event is organized for a great cause: to raise funds for the Historic Odessa Foundation, a non-profit focused on preserving the beautiful Historic Houses of Odessa for the future.
- Volunteering - If you'd like to take part in the Historic Odessa Brewfest as a volunteer, tasked with welcoming attendees, pouring drinks, cleaning up, and other typical event jobs, you can call up 302 376 0600 or fill out an online form to learn more. All volunteers get a free T-shirt, some food, a tasting mug, and the freedom to drink some beer during the festival.
- Tickets - If you want to attend this awesome beer, food, and music event in Odessa, Delaware, you'll need to purchase a ticket. Tickets can be purchased online and you can choose from standard or VIP tickets. VIP tickets provide access to the noon-2pm early tasting session, letting you into the event ahead of everyone else and also offering some additional bonus benefits like a deluxe tasting mug and $5 of food vouchers. The regular tickets provide access to the festival from 2pm through to 6pm. There are also Designated Driver tickets available at a greatly discounted rate, and all DDs get free access to water and non-alcoholic drinks. It’s definitely worth investing in a VIP ticket if you want to get access to the best beers and limited-supplies. website