Cruises are becoming increasingly popular with many travelers for their ease and convenience; with a cruise, you don’t have to worry about transport, accommodation, activities, or excursions, as everything is taken care of on your behalf, letting you sit back, relax, and enjoy the adventure.
Many people associate cruises with tropical islands and the Caribbean Sea, but there are cruises running all over the world to all kinds of destinations, and no matter where you want to go, there’s almost bound to be a cruise that can take you there.
Ever dreamed of visiting the North Pole or the Antarctic Continent? It’s an experience unlike any other, as you witness the sheer majesty and inimitable beauty of the polar icecaps and the unique wildlife life that somehow calls these seemingly inhospitable parts of the world home, and Poseidon Expeditions offers the best polar cruises around.
Poseidon Expeditions - Polar Cruises
Founded in the United Kingdom back in 1999, Poseidon Expeditions is the world's foremost provider of polar expeditions. With offices around the world in the UK, US, Germany, Russia, and China, and a headquarters location in Cyprus, Poseidon Expeditions has a global reach and is able to provide unique adventure cruises to places like Antarctica, Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, Franz Josef Land, and more. Here are just a few reasons to travel with Poseidon Expeditions:
- Experience - Poseidon Expeditions is one of the most trusted names in the business and has over two decades of experience offering the best polar cruises to travelers from far and wide.
- Specialist - Unlike other cruise companies, Poseidon Expeditions specializes in polar cruises, only traveling around Polar waters in order to put all of its focus and efforts into making the best experiences for all.
- Exclusive Cruises - Poseidon Expeditions is one of just two cruise companies in the entire world to offer North Pole icebreaker cruises, providing totally one of a kind experiences you can't find anywhere else.
- Small Ships - Poseidon Expeditions only offers small, luxury cruise ships that allow passengers to enjoy more intimate, memorable experiences without feeling crowded out by everyone else.
- Professional, Friendly Staff - With Poseidon Expeditions, the staff to passenger ratio is 1:8 and all members of the Poseidon Expeditions team pride themselves on their friendly demeanor and professional attitude to every task.
Examples of Polar Cruises with Poseidon Expeditions
As the world's leading provider of expedition cruises to the Arctic, Antarctic, and the North Pole, Poseidon Expeditions is able to offer a large and varied array of cruises for you to choose from. Here are just a few examples:
- Top of the World - As the name suggests, the Top of the World cruise from Poseidon Expeditions takes you to the North Pole, the veritable top of our planet, and it runs for 13 days. This cruise sets off from Murmansk in Russia, out on the Kola Peninsula, which is easy to reach via plane from locations around the world, with regular flights running through Moscow and St Petersburg. You'll explore Franz Josef Land and visit the North Pole, enjoying a once in a lifetime opportunity on board the beautiful 50 Years of Victory ship.
- Antarctic Wildlife Adventure - An exciting and unforgettable adventure around the Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica, the Antarctic Wildlife Adventure starts in Ushuaia in Argentina and ends in Montevideo, Uruguay. This 23-day cruise is quite unlike any other in the world, beginning with views of the Andres Mountains and Beagle Channel of Ushuaia before setting off for the Antarctic Continent. As the name of the cruise implies, the Antarctic Wildlife Adventure is all about wildlife, and you'll see whales, penguins, seals, and more along the way, learning all about each species too.
- Christmas in Antarctica - Many people dream of snow for Christmas, but what if you were surrounded by nothing but ice, snow, and polar wildlife on a magical trip around Antarctica to celebrate the holiday season? That's exactly what you can do on the Christmas in Antarctica cruise from Poseidon Expeditions. This 12-day cruise begins and ends in Ushuaia, Argentina, and sees you travel on board the stunning Sea Spirit, which offers a range of luxury suites of various sizes and styles to suit every guest. The suites are all equipped with plenty of luxuries and comforts, and the cruise is designed to provide a truly magical, fairy tale Christmas you'll never forget, sailing across the Drake Passage and taking in the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. website