Located along the southern shore of Lake Superior, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is one of the most uniquely beautiful areas in the entire Great Lakes region. The area includes over 40 miles of shoreline and covers a total area in excess of 73,000 acres, but the key attraction here is the 15 miles of shoreline that features the titular 'Pictured Rocks': a collection of colorful sandstone cliffs just outside of Munising, MI. The rock formations and colors in this area are truly unique and picturesque, with various caves and waterfalls adding even more natural beauty to this incredible area.
3.Spray Falls Cruise
3 Best Pictured Rocks Cruises
- Overview, Photo: Wirepec/stock.adobe.com
- Classic Cruise, Photo: baluzek/stock.adobe.com
- Spray Falls Cruise, Photo: Jamie & Judy Wild/Danita Delimont/stock.adobe.com
- Sunset Cruise, Photo: Paul/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Alexey Stiop - Fotolia.com