Part of the New England region of the United States, Connecticut is one of the smallest states in the entire US, but boasts some of the best statistics in the nation in terms of average household income. There are a lot of great things to do in Connecticut, ranging from museums, casinos, and historical sites to live shows, beautiful parks, thrilling wildlife areas, and outdoor activities. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Overview - Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut
2.Middletown Roller Skating Rink - Roller Skating Rinks in CT
3.Roller Magic Waterbury Skating Center - Roller Skating Rinks in CT
4.Roller Skating Rinks Near Me: Ron-A-Roll Indoor Roller Skating
Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut
- Overview - Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut, Photo: Africa Studio/stock.adobe.com
- Middletown Roller Skating Rink - Roller Skating Rinks in CT, Photo: lithiumphoto/stock.adobe.com
- Roller Magic Waterbury Skating Center - Roller Skating Rinks in CT, Photo: Pedja/stock.adobe.com
- Roller Skating Rinks Near Me: Ron-A-Roll Indoor Roller Skating, Photo: Crin/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of egokhan - Fotolia.com
More Ideas in Connecticut: Lake Compounce
Lake Compounce Park is an amusement park situated in Bristol and Southington, Connecticut. With a history dating back to 1846, Lake Compounce is the oldest amusement park in continuous operation in the United States, although its original purpose as a picnic park as well as its land and ownership have changed significantly over the years. Since 2007, the park has been owned by Parques Reunidos. The park spans 332 acres and includes amusement rides, food and drink restaurants, carts and shops, gift shops, a theater, and amenities. Additionally, the park has a waterpark and beach, which are free to access for visitors to the park. Open seasonally, the park offers a number of admission passes, such as smart day tickets and season passes.
Attractions and rides
Lake Compounce has a wide variety of rides on its grounds. Categorized into roller coasters and thrill rides, classic rides, kiddie rides, and water rides, there are 44 rides in total. The roller coasters include the wooden roller coaster Boulder Dash, which reaches 60mph, the triple launch Phobia Phear Coaster, which rises 150 feet into the air, the Zoomerang with a 125-foot drop, the Wildcat, which has been open since 1927, and Thunder N’ Lightning, which zooms around 90 feet in the air with a force of 3 Gs. The thrill rides consist of the spinning seated ride Wipeout, the spinning cage ride Twister, the carousel-style Wave Swinger, and the 360-degree spinning Rev-O-Lution, which travels up a 5-story track. Other thrill rides are the Sky Coaster, where visitors are suspended in the air as if flying, the 185-foot vertical-drop Down Time, and the high swinging Pirate Ship.
The classic rides comprise one of the oldest carousels in America, known as the Antique Carousel, the Bumper Cars, the rotating American Spinners, an open-air trolley from 1911, the C.P Huntington Train, and the Giant Wheel. The kids’ rides consist of the 1950s-style car driving ride Zoomer's Gas n’ Go, the 30-minute open-air Sky Ride, the long flume Saw Mill Plunge, the rotating Rainbow Riders, the mini motorbike Little Dare Devils, and the mini version of the Bumper Cars known as Little Critters. Other kids’ rides are the Kiddie Coaster, the mini pirate ship Jolly Jester, Ghost Hunt with laser guns, the spinning Drum Circus, the Fantasy Carousel, the mini tower-drop Drop Zone, the Caterpillar Train, and the Dino Expedition.
The waterpark at Lake Compounce is the largest in the state and there are a variety water rides located here. These include the Lights Out high-speed slide, the tube riding Croc-O-Nile, the 300-gallon water bucket, the slides and canons of Clipper Cove, and the rafting Mammoth Falls. Additional water attractions are the large swimming area of Bayou Bay, the wave pool of Anchor Bay, and the large water slides of Tunnel Twisters and Riptide Racer. The Crocodile Cove area also features multiple water slides, wave pools, and a lake.
The park has 9 different restaurants for meals ranging from pizza to tacos in addition to 14 snack carts and shops offering such snacks as pretzels and ice cream. Meal deals are in place on certain meal combinations. The park contains four gift shops named Dino Traders, Chuckles Fun Stuff, Crocodile Cave Surf Shop, and Lake Compounce Emporium. They sell plush toys, hats, souvenirs, and other products.
Another attraction at the park are the shows. Performed regularly, the shows take place at the Starlight Theater. The shows are offered as four performances, namely The Sparkplugs, a rhythm show, Step Right In, with live drumming and a dance performance, Crank Up the Cove with DJ Scratch Dat, featuring pool games, karaoke, and dancing, and finally Spin School with DJ Scratch Dat, where families can learn to DJ together.
Ongoing programs and education
Lake Compounce offers education days during certain months of the year. Educators are encouraged to take their classes to the park for educational field trips. The trips are open to children of all age groups. The topics are Triassic Park, discovering the ancient features of Lake Compounce Park, Physics Fun, where the group learns about how the rides work in relation to physics, and the Kids Class for kindergarten through 3rd grade, where they learn about mathematics and other subjects. Other topics are force and motion, which educate on the physics involved in the rides, and historic Discovery in the Park, which showcases the discoveries made in the grounds of the park.
186 Enterprise Dr, Bristol, CT 06010, Phone: 860-583-3300
Back to: Best Things to Do in Connecticut
You are reading "Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut " Back to Top
More Ideas in Connecticut: Two Trees Inn at Foxwoods Resort Casino
The Two Trees Inn is the perfect spot for guests who want to be close to the action at Foxwoods Resort Casino but also want to enjoy the peace of a comfortable hotel. The Inn features its heated indoor pool and fitness room, with a relaxing outdoor courtyard and waterfall. The Grill at Two Trees is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests are welcome to stay with their dogs in one of the Inn’s pet-friendly rooms. With a 24-hour courtesy shuttle, guests are just minutes away from all the premier dining, shopping, gaming, spa and entertainment options the resort has to offer.
Rooms & Suites
Each room at the Two Trees Inn at Foxwoods includes wireless Internet access, coffee maker, and flat screen TV with cable and on-demand movies.
Guests can choose a Deluxe Room with either one king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds in 336 square feet of space. Each Deluxe Room includes a combination shower bathtub and large vanity in the bathroom, with courtyard views in some rooms.
The Junior Suites offer 529 square feet of living space for up to six guests, with a choice of two queen beds or a king bed along with a sofa bed in the sitting area for extra guests.
Guests with larger parties such as business groups and wedding parties can reserve connecting rooms and suites. The Inn also offers pet-friendly rooms for guests staying with their dogs.
The Grill at Two Trees is the Inn’s restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with brunch service and a lounge and bar. The Inn also serves complimentary coffee in the lobby from morning to night.
The resort’s 34 other restaurants and bars are just a quick ride away on the Inn’s 24-hour courtesy shuttle.
Guests at the Two Trees Inn can head over to the ninth floor of the resort’s Grand Pequot Tower to use the pool and recreational facilities there. Grand Pequot Tower houses The Norwich Spa at Foxwoods, with 12 private rooms for facials, massages and body treatment. The Spa also includes a salon for hair and nail treatments. Located on the same floor at Grand Pequot Tower, the fitness center features a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment, as well as separate men’s and women’s locker rooms with saunas, steam rooms, and a whirlpool and lounge area.
The Fox Tower, another hotel at the resort, features a 21,000 square-foot salon, fitness center, and 5,500-square-foot outdoor pool.
Foxwoods is also home to Lake of Isles, one of Connecticut’s top-rated courses and Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Courses You Can Play” in 2017. The 7,300-yard, 18-hole course covers manicured fairways amid wooded landscapes and a scenic 90-acre lake. The 50,000-square-foot clubhouse is ideal for even large gatherings, with a 300-seat banquet hall for wedding ceremonies and receptions or a business luncheon. The Matches Tavern at Lake of Isles serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with an outdoor patio overlooking the lake. Guests can also sign up for private lessons at the Troon Golf Academy, with professional instructors and top-of-the-line technology to help golfers improve their game.
The Two Trees Inn features its heated indoor pool and fitness room, as well as an outdoor courtyard with natural landscaping surrounding a waterfall.
The Pequot Trails wind around the resort through the surrounding Connecticut woods for a relaxing walk or moderate hike in the great outdoors. The Lantern Hill Trail leads 500 feet above sea level for scenic views of the resort and the Block Island Sound.
Other trails lead to the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, where visitors can learn about the natural and cultural history of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. The 308,000-square-foot museum features a mix of temporary and permanent exhibits, a 320-seat auditorium, restaurant, and gift shop. The Research Center is home to special collections, archives, and artifacts, as well as conservation labs for ongoing research.
Guests will find a wide array of entertainment options in and around the other three hotels at Foxwoods. The resort offers a total of five casinos for slot machines and table games, as well as the latest in gaming technology at the PLAY Arena @ Foxwoods and the Rainmaker Stadium. Two theaters feature live shows with musicians, circus acts, comedians, game shows and TV personalities. Adventurous guests can also enjoy a racing simulator, a high-rise zip line, two thrill rides, an arcade and bowling arcade at various locations throughout the resort.
350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket, CT 06338, Phone: 860-312-3000
You are reading "Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut " Back to Top
More Ideas in Connecticut: Boardman House Inn
One of the most historic and visually stunning locations in all of the United States, the New England region is well-known for its charming coastal towns, beautiful scenery, friendly people, and fascinating past. It’s a wonderful place for visitors of all ages and interests, being especially well-suited for couples in search of romantic weekends, and if you’re looking for romantic, luxury lodging in Connecticut, the Boardman House Inn is the place to stay.
Boardman House Inn - Romantic Connecticut Bed and Breakfast
The Boardmna House Inn is one of the best places to stay for anyone in need of a romantic Connecticut getaway. Here’s all you need to know about this charming inn:
- Luxury Accommodation - Boardman House Inn offers the ultimate in luxury romantic accommodation in Connecticut. As soon as you step food in your assigned room or suite at this delightful countryside CT lodging, you'll be blown away by the charm and elegance of your surroundings. Guests at the Boardman House Inn will be able to stay in the Corner Room, Boardman Room, Garden Suite, French Room, or Queen Room. Each room is unique, lovingly decorated and designed with comfort and class in mind, featuring only the finest quality artworks, furniture, and decorations to create a soothing, romantic, peaceful ambiance for every guest to enjoy.
- Room Amenities - Those who stay in any of the rooms or suites at the Boardman House Inn will find their rooms equipped with all of the essentials and necessities for a luxury romantic getaway in Connecticut. All of the rooms feature air conditioning, luxury down duvets, fine bed linens, quality antiques, speedy Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, cable access, and more. Most of the private bathrooms come with heated floors and towel racks, and each room has its own unique features too. The Corner Room, for instance, comes with a gorgeous chandelier and antique oriental rug, while the Garden Suite features an awe-inspiring 19th century gilded mirror and antique writing desk.
- Hotel Amenities - All guests at the Boardman House Inn will be able to benefit from a range of luxury amenities and conveniences, all designed with your satisfaction in mind. Despite being a historic building with a lot of antiques and history, the inn is equipped with all the modern conveniences you need like non-stop Wi-Fi access all around the building, premium Gilchrist & Soames bath products, private porches, en-suite bathrooms, and professional, friendly guest service. You'll also be able to enjoy a complimentary breakfast each and every morning of your stay, with a range of continental delicacies served in the stunning sunlit dining area.
- A Historic Property - Boardman House Inn dates all the way back to 1860. IT was constructed by Norman Boardman, a member of the Boardman family which had traveled to New England from Lancashire, England, just one decade after the sailing of the Mayflower. Leading manufacturers of nickel, silver, silver-plated goods back in the 19th century, the Boardmans were quite famous names in Connecticut the time, but it's rare to find any of their products in the modern era. Now, one of the key memories of their heritage and impact on is the Boardman House Inn, and guests can really feel the spirit and stories of the place all around them, living on in the walls and grounds.
- The Location - The Boardman House Inn is situated in East Haddam, known as one of the true 'hidden gems' of the Connecticut coastline. Gorgeous scenery surrounds the area, with the Inn itself being nicely placed for trips into town, while also offering the calming comfort and tranquillity you need for a relaxing, romantic escape. It's only a two-hour drive from New York and Boston, and there are plenty of tourist attractions and hotspots in the local area including scenic nature trails, historic towns like Essex and Mystic, art galleries, museums, beaches, state parks, biking areas, highly rated restaurants, and much more.
The Boardman House Inn is one of the best Connecticut bed and breakfasts for romantic trips into New England. Ideally situated for those living in Boston or New York, it's a terrific place to base yourself for exploration of the CT coastline, and you can book your stay today by visiting the official Boardman House Inn site and viewing the details of each individual room. Book online or call 860 873 9233 for more information.
You are reading "Roller Skating Rinks in Connecticut " Back to Top