We’re living at a wonderful time for women. There’s still much work to be done in terms of equal rights, equal pay, and female empowerment, but recent years have seen a lot of progress and a strong feminist force rising up all over the globe. Now, more than ever, women are being celebrated for their unique journeys, contributions, and achievements in both their personal and professional lives, and the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame shows us so many wonderful examples of what women are capable of.
Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame - Celebrating Women in Colorado
As the name implies, the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization founded back in 1985 and fully dedicated to celebrating the amazing accomplishments of great women from the state of Colorado, honoring their legacies and cementing their status for years to come. Through various special events, educational programs, Hall of Fame induction ceremonies, and other projects, the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame aims to celebrate inspiring women and raise awareness of their stories to the world.
- Celebrating Great Women - The Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame's main mission is to share the stories and contributions of great women throughout Colorado's history and into its future. Through a range of programs and projects, the Hall educates people all over Colorado about the women who helped to change and shape the state, often demonstrating extraordinary courage, ability, intelligence, and strength along the way. These women can include civil rights leaders, politicians, teachers, lawyers, and more.
- Inductions - Every other year, the Colorado Hall of Fame adds new names to its storied wall, honoring a new group of inductees, many of which are nominated by supporters of the organization and members of the general Colorado public. If you know of an inspiring woman and want to share her story on a grander scale, you can nominate them for selection. A selection committee of citizens from all over the state then come together to review the various nominations and choose which individuals merit inclusion in the Hall of Fame at the subsequent Gala Induction Event.
Support the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame
If you admire and appreciate the amazing work being done by the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame, you might want to make a contribution of time or money to help this organization continue to celebrate and share the incredible contributions of great Colorado women from the past, present, and future. As stated, the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization, so it relies on the kindness and generosity of its supporters, as well as its board members, to keep running. Here are just a few ways you can help:
- Donations - Naturally, one of the top ways to help out the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame, just like any other non-profit organization, is to make a donation. One-off and monthly donations are greatly appreciated and even the smallest amounts can make a real difference. Donations can be made online with ease through a variety of payment methods, and the money raised by the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame can be used in a variety of ways including supporting statewide educational and outreach programs like exhibits, the speakers' bureau, scholarship funds, event planning, and more. You can also choose to make a donation by mail, sending a check to PO Box 18849, Denver, CO 80218.
- Volunteer - As well as relying on donations of money, the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame also needs donations of time and effort on the part of its many volunteers. Volunteers are the lifeblood of this organization and can get involved in a variety of ways with all kinds of tasks and responsibilities. You don't need to have any special skills or experience to help out, but those with knowledge of education, event management, communications, marketing, admin work, and fundraising are particularly well-suited for these volunteer roles. Being a volunteer at the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame is a richly rewarding experience, with volunteers able to make a genuine difference and spend their free time in an emotionally profitable and fulfilling way. Anyone interested can fill out an online volunteer form to learn more.
- Follow and Subscribe - Perhaps you aren't able to donate time or money right now, but still want to keep up to date with happenings at the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame. If so, you can choose to sign up for the regular newsletter, as well as following the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame on social media sites like Facebook. This is a great way to stay in the know about everything that's happening at the Hall of Fame, as well as learning about upcoming events and sharing news with your friends to spread the word and raise awareness of this organization.
- Attend Events - The Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame organizes all kinds of events throughout the year, including its annual Hall of Fame induction ceremonies, as well as portrait exhibits and more. By attending these events, you’ll be able to show your support for the organization in an active way, as well as demonstrating support and admiration for the great women being celebrated. website