Wine is revered all over the globe and has been enjoyed for thousands of years. Highly popular due to its unique flavors and notes, wine can vary greatly from one region to the next, or even simply from one vineyard to the next. Wine is grown all over the world, with plenty of high quality wines being grown in the United States.
California is known as America's leading wine-producing state, but wine is also grown in places like Colorado. Colorado wine has been produced since the late 1800s and is grown in the Grand Valley AVA and West Elks AVA, with most vineyards being situated on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains and along the Front Range.
Some of Colorado's vineyards are situated at some exceedingly high elevations of up to around 7,000 feet above sea level, with the mountain climate and rich, fertile soils in the Centennial State providing great conditions for the growing of wine grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and Chardonnay.
Wine lovers and enthusiasts in Colorado can enjoy the creations of around 150 different vineyards all around the state, and all are encouraged to attend the annual celebration of wine in Colorado: the Colorado Mountain Winefest.
All About Colorado Mountain Winefest
Colorado Mountain Winefest is an annual event for wine lovers and appreciators in the state of Colorado. This event has been ranked as the best wine festival in all of the United States by leading publication USA Today, with past guests and wine experts alike all ranking the Colorado Mountain Winefest as a highly enjoyable and exciting event for all.
The main focus of Colorado Mountain Winefest is the 'Festival in the Park', which takes place in Palisade, Colorado. It's the biggest and oldest wine festival in all of Colorado. Here’s all you need to know about the festival:
- This event, like any good wine festival, is totally focused on the wine. Representatives from over 50 wineries will be in attendance and guests will be able to sample the various wines on offer at their leisure throughout the day. If you find any wines that really resonate with you, you can place orders and make purchases as you wish.
- As well as the Colorado wineries offering their creations around the festival, you'll also be able to enjoy live music and entertainment from local bands, as well as fun activities and more.
- Activities include the always hilarious 'Grape Stomp' event, in which attendees can stomp some grapes the old-fashioned way with their friends and families.
- An ice carving and ice luge exhibition will also feature at the Colorado Mountain Winefest, with leading ice sculptors in attendance to demonstrate their amazing abilities.
- There will also be various education exhibitions and talks throughout the Colorado Mountain Winefest. Various wine experts will be on-hand to share fascinating insight and information into different subjects throughout the day, and leading local chefs will also be demonstrating their abilities and preparing some super snacks to go along with your wine tastings.
Attending Colorado Mountain Winefest
If you’re planning on attending the next edition of Colorado Mountain Winefest, here are some useful details and tips to make the most of your time.
- The ‘Festival in the Park’ of the Colorado Mountain Winefest 2019 will be held on September 21 of 2019. This will be the 28th edition of the Colorado Mountain Winefest.
- The event will be held at Riverbend Park at 451 Pendleton St. in Palisade, CO. If you're traveling via car, you'll find parking at local schools including Taylor Elementary and Palisade High School, making it easy to leave your vehicle in a safe place for the duration of the event.
- A shuttle service will also be in operation to take people from Grand Junction to Palisade, with a secondary shuttle also running from inside Palisade itself over to the winefest.
- Whichever way you choose to travel, it’s important to designate a driver for your party and ensure that you stay safe at all times when leaving the event, as all of that wine can easily go to your head.
- Since you’ll be tasting a lot of wine, it’s also recommended to stay fully hydrated throughout the day, and you’ll find water stations all around the festival, as well as spit buckets to let you taste wine without actually swallowing it.
Buy Tickets for Colorado Mountain Winefest 2019
All attendees at Colorado Mountain Winefest will need to purchase a ticket. Tickets for Colorado Mountain Winefest can be bought in advance online. If any tickets remain, they will be sold at the gate on the day of the event, but the Colorado Mountain Winefest typically sells out in advance, so it's very wise to book your tickets while you can.
- Various types of tickets are available, and it's important to note that all attendees must be aged 21 or older and be able to show ID upon entry into the festival.
- Those who wish to attend with their friends or family but don't wish to drink or have designated themselves as the drivers for the party can purchase a 'Non-Drinker' ticket at a reduced price.
- General admission tickets for the Colorado Mountain Winefest are available at just $60 (plus booking fee).
- VIP tickets are also available for $250. The VIP pass is perfect for people who really want to make the most of their time at the event, with this ticket giving you exclusive access to a separate entrance, a shaded VIP pavilion area, and exclusive parking. You'll also be served with exclusive food and drink, receive your own souvenir crystal wine glass, and more. website