Wildebeest serves up a daring menu in a 19th century refurbished building in the Gastown neighborhood in Vancouver, Canada. At Wildebeest, all items on the menu are made with seasonal ingredients that come directly from local farmers and purveyors to ensure quality. Because the menu is created around seasonal ingredients, diners are introduced to a variety of interesting flavors.
In addition to the creative menu, Wildebeest invites diners to enjoy the energy of the kitchen with its open kitchen concept. Whether enjoying drinks at the frontend cocktail bar and lounge or dining in the inviting banquette seated dining room, the dining experience at Wildebeest is one to savor.
Wildebeest operates 7 days a week. The specific days and hours of operation are as follows.
Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
10:00am - 2:00pm
Reservations for Wildebeest can be made online via OpenTable.
The menu at Wildebeest is seasonal, using the freshest foods from local farms. Given that the menus are a reflection of seasonal offerings, they are subject to change. The following are some of the menu items.
· Dinner: Small plates: sweetbreads on toast, horse tartare, beetroot and burrata, bone marrow, house charcuterie, milk-poached rose veal; larger plates: game lasagna, roasted elk loin, pork belly & scallops, bone-in ribeye, grilled bison steak, pan-roasted ocean perch and more; sides: poutine, skillet cornbread, green beans, foraged mushrooms, Brussels sprouts Caesar, and more; snacks: cheeseboard, smoked olives, fried chicken, and glazed boar belly; omakase.
· Dessert - Cheeseboard, caramelized pears, elderflower creme brulee, and chocolate silk cake.
· Brunch - Mains: avocado toast, mushroom omelet, ham hock Benedict, Beest Brunch, croque madame, cinnamon toast brunch, marrow, and eggs; sides: guacamole, sourdough toast, fresh greens, rosemary bacon, bone marrow, smashbrowns, and more; coffee: drip, French press, and cold brew; small bites: mini doughnuts and poutine; brunch cocktails.
· Cocktails, Wines and Beer - Wildebeest offers an assortment of cocktails, wines by the glass and bottle as well as draft beers and ciders.
Patrons can enjoy a number of events at Wildebeest. From wine tastings to brunches to the introduction of new draft beers on tap to cocktail dinners, Wildebeest offers an assortment of events to the public. More information about these events is available on the restaurant’s website or by staying connected through social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Wildebeest provides private dining space that accommodates up to 146 guests depending on the space chosen.
Private dining facilities available at Wildebeest include:
· Dining room – seats up to 90
· The Underbelly – seats up to 40
Wildebeest offers assistance with the creation of a menu as well as with other aspects of the private dining setup such as audiovisual systems and decorating.
Customers can receive more information about private dining services by visiting the Wildebeest website.
Wildebeest offers gift cards for sale via its website in denominations from $25 to $250. Gift cards can be shipped to recipients in Canada or held at the restaurant for pickup.
Wildebeest, 120 W Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8, Canada, website, Phone: 604-687-6880