With big cities, dense forests, stunning coastal areas, and more, there's a lot to see all around the many provinces of Canada, but Prince Edward County definitely stands out as one of the very best places to visit.
Effectively an island in the northern part of Lake Ontario, 'the county', as it is known to locals, is just a couple of hours away from Toronto. It's an idyllic island getaway for Canadian residents and a beautiful place for other visitors from all over the world as well, beloved for its many wineries, vibrant art scene, top class restaurants, and beautiful natural spaces like Sandbanks provincial park.
A veritable dream land for everyone from creative people looking for some inspiration to couples in search of a little romance, Prince Edward County is an unmissable part of any Canadian vacation, and one of the best places to stay in the county is The Ferg.
The Ferg - Luxury Accommodation in Prince Edward County
The Ferg is the name of a beautiful, bespoke property in a prime location in Prince Edward County. The property has been standing since the mid-19th century and has played home to many people over the years until it was purchased by a pair of lifelong friends, Anna and Jaime.
Having grown up together in Ottawa and spent many childhood summers out in Prince Edward County, Anna and Jaime continued to visit the county in later life. On one of their many trips, they discovered The Ferg, fell in love with it, and decided to buy it.
From there, they curated, designed, and decorated the property to meet their standards and are now sharing it with the world, giving travelers from far and wide a true home away from home in Prince Edward County.
- Location - The Ferg is situated right in the heart of Prince Edward County wine country, ideally placed for visits to vineyards, great quality restaurants, and more. It’s right by the charming town of Picton, which is home to some of the best restaurants and most interesting little shops in the whole of the county.
- Things To Do - Due to The Ferg’s prime location, there are plenty of things to do in the local area. The sky’s the limit for guests to this property, so no matter whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway at the beach or little trips to the local towns and art hubs, you’ll find that The Ferg provides the perfect base for all your adventures.
- History - The Ferg has been standing since the mid-1800s, so there’s a lot of history to this property that helps to make it an extra special place to stay. You can really feel the heritage and stories of the property all around you, but The Ferg has also been lovingly renovated and brought up to date with modern furnishings and contemporary conveniences too.
- Accommodation - When staying at The Ferg, guests have the choice of three different options: The One Bedroom Suite, the Main House, and the Loft. Each of these accommodation options has been stunningly designed and equipped with beautiful furnishings and breathtaking decoration to create a luxurious experience for every guest.
The Accommodation at The Ferg
Depending on the size of your party and your own persoanl needs and preferences, you'll be able to choose the perfect accommodation location for you at The Ferg from the following three options:
- The One Bedroom Suite - The One Bedroom Suite is the smallest of the three suites at The Ferg, but it's still very sizeable and perfectly comfortable for couples and solo travelers. Equipped with a comfortable Queen-size bed, a large dining and living area with a Queen-size sofa, a gas stove, a fully equipped kitchen, a private porch area, and other little luxuries and amenities like organic bath products and a Smart TV, this suite has all you need for a magical stay.
- The Loft - Once used as a stable, the Loft is now a two-story suite for families, couples, or friends. It has its own courtyard area, perfect for BBQs with the family in summer, as well as a huge living/dining area, very high ceilings, a King-size bed in the bedroom, a Queen-size sofabed in the living room, a stunning bathroom with clawfoot tub, and more. Gorgeously decorated in Scandinavian style, the Loft will take your breath away.
- The Main House - The Main House is the largest suite option at The Ferg. It comes complete with two separate bedrooms and a huge kitchen, as well as a large living area, all decorated in the same chic, Scandinavian style found elsewhere around the property that creates a cozy and homely atmosphere while still retaining the rustic charm and personality of this historic building. The kitchen is fully equipped with oven, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher, while the bathroom comes with a clawfoot tub and separate shower.
- Amenities - Each of the suites is unique at The Ferg, but they all come with some standard amenities and useful additions like yoga mats, organic teas and coffees, a Smart TV, speedy Wi-Fi access, a water filter, organic bath products, the option to bring pets along for an extra $50 fee, an iron, a workspace, a hair dryer, and cable TV.
A stay at The Ferg is the best way to make the most of your trip to Prince Edward County. The Ferg is one of the finest properties in the whole area and offers the ideal base camp for fine dining, wine tasting, beach trips, island exploration, and much more. Book today and see why The Ferg is such a beloved and beautiful place to rest your head.
76 W Mary St, Picton, ON K0K 2T0, Canada, website