There are many beautiful cities to visit all over Canada, with Toronto standing out as one of the best and brightest of all. Sitting on the shores of Lake Ontario, this expansive metropolis successfully blends urban convenience with natural beauty, filled with both skyscrapers and parks, from the CN Tower to all 400 acres of High Park.
There's plenty to see and do in Toronto, from admiring the beauty of Casa Loma and its gardens to visiting the Royal Ontario Museum or getting up close and personal with species of the deep at the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada. Whatever you choose and whatever you’re planning, one of the best places to stay in Toronto is the Gladstone Hotel.
Gladstone Hotel - Top Toronto Hotel
Sitting right beside two of Toronto's top art neighborhoods - West Queen West and Parkdale - the Gladstone Hotel is one of the top rated and most unique hotels in the city. It's a great place for creatives and imaginative people, with art, culture, and creation being big parts of the hotel's vibe and aesthetic.
- Location - The Gladstone Hotel is located at 1214 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1J6. It's nestled snugly between the West Queen West and Parkdale neighborhoods, both well-known for their galleries and art centers. High Park is within walking distance of the hotel, and you can head down to the shores of Lake Ontario very easily from here too. The Toronto streetcar system stops right outside, letting guests enjoy easy access all around the city to visit the main sights and touristic hotspots, and the hotel is also nicely placed for food and drink, with a lot of great bars and restaurants in the local neighborhood.
- The Hotel - The Gladstone Hotel is the oldest continually operating hotel in all of Toronto. It's also the only B-Corp Certified hotel in the entirety of Canada, offering superior standards of eco-friendly practices. It's powered by 100% green electricity and green natural gas, making it very popular with people who care about the environment, and it's also known as a key hub for artists and creative people, being one of the top art boutique hotels in Toronto. The rooms are actually designed by local artists, with plenty of beautiful art on display all around, so if you enjoy attractive hotels with heart and personality, the Gladstone is a great place to stay.
- The Rooms - The Gladstone Hotel features no less than 37 unique, artist designed rooms offering one of a kind experiences to each and every guest. Many guests come back time and time again just to see the different rooms or revisit their favorites, and all accommodations at the Gladstone Hotel are equipped with top quality amenities and features like cozy mattresses, plush bedlinen, beautiful bathrooms, private workspaces, and more. Example rooms include the Snapshot, which was designed by Christina Zeidler and is filled with decorative images taken from High Park, as well as Surreal Gourmet, designed by Food Network Canada host Bob Blumer and blending various retro and contemporary elements for a unique fusion of styles.
- Food and Drink - Guests at the Gladstone Hotel can explore the local area to find a lot of highly rated cafes, bars, lounges, and restaurants, and Toronto is known as one of the top foodie destinations in Canada, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding lots of great things to eat. You can also dine right on site at the Gladstone Hotel Kitchen. Offering seasonal, rotating menus, the Gladstone has served as a leading light for the local culinary scene for many years, serving up all kinds of delicious delights throughout the day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are also special events like Harvest Wednesdays and Chef in Residence.
- Events and Art - If you're planning an event in Toronto, the Gladstone Hotel is a terrific venue to choose. Spread out over four floors of stunning art and design, with entirely unique rooms, top quality food and drink services, and vibrant communal spaces, the Gladstone is a dream Toronto venue for everything from birthday parties and wedding receptions to corporate get-togethers and brand launches. The Gladstone offers meeting rooms, the Melody Bar, a dressing studio, flex studios, a ballroom, and a gallery space for all your event needs. Various public events are also held here, including a range of art exhibitions focused on local and emerging talents, with the Gladstone providing a platform for Toronto’s best artists to share their creations with the world. website