Some wonderful wines are made all over North America, and we often associate wine-making with warm regions like California, but there are plenty of high quality wines of all kinds grown much further north in cooler climate areas. Canada, for example, products a lot of top quality wines, many of which have received international acclaim, and there are several high quality wineries to be found around Quebec in particular, with Gagliano Vineyards standing out as a fine example.
Gagliano Vineyards - Leading Quebec Winery
Located in the Dunham Valley, the Gagliano Vineyards was originally known as Le Vignoble Les Blancs Coteaux until 2008 when the Gagliano family acquired the lands and decided to take a whole new approach to wine-making in Quebec. Taking inspiration from their Sicilian roots, the Gaglicano family aimed to bring the traditions and passion of the Italian island's wine-makers into a completely different country and climate.
Naturally, Quebec and Sicily are almost polar opposites in terms of wine-growing conditions, so a totally different vinification process is required, but the Gaglianos have managed to bring the spirit of Sicily into Canada's biggest province, producing some delicious and deep reds, whites, rosés, sparkling wines, fortified wines, and ice wines.
Visiting Gagliano Vineyards
The Gagliano family are producing some outstanding Canadian wines from their Quebec vineyard and encourage all wine enthusiasts to come and visit their facilities. Here's all you need to know about visiting one of Quebec's favorite wineries:
- Location - Gagliano Vineyards is located at 1046 Rue Bruce, Dunham, QC, J0E 1M0.
- Contact - To get in touch with Gagliano Vineyards, you can call 450 295 3503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opening Hours - The opening hours at Gagliano Vineyards depend on the time of the year. In the summer and early fall (June 1 through to October 31), the vineyard is open from 10am to 6pm every day of the week. From November 1 through to March 31, the business hours of Gagliano Vineyards are from 11am to 4pm on Thursdays - Sundays. Finally, from April to May of each year, the winery is open from 10am to 4pm each day.
- The Winery - The winery itself features a boutique where wines can be tasted and purchased, a meeting room offering amazing views out over the vines, a pressing room, a barrel room, the wine cellar, a warehouse, and a beautiful outdoor terrace space where guests can simply sit and relax at any time of year.
- The Wines - No matter whether you happen to prefer reds, whites, rosés, or something a little different, you'll find a lot to love at Gagliano Vineyards. With extensive lands and many different grapes growing all around, this Canadian winery is able to offer a vast and varied selection of wines each year including Seyval Blanc, Frontenac Gris, Pionnier, Petite Pearl, Frontenac, and Sabrevois.
- The Terrace - The terrace can accommodate up to 75 people in total, making it a perfect location for all kinds of special events. If you're planning a wedding in Quebec, or perhaps an anniversary, corporate meeting, or social gathering, and would like to enjoy the occasion with the gorgeous backdrop of a Canadian winery, Gagliano Vineyards is the place to be and you can learn more by emailing or calling the winery team.
- Guided Tours - Guided tours of the Gagliano Vineyards are also available. Led by friendly, professional guides, you'll be able to explore the whole winery and learn about the full process of wine-making from grape-growing all the way through fermentation and bottling. These guided tours are designed for groups of four and above and also include a tasting session at the end. The tours run on a regular basis at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm, but you do need to reserve your spot in advance.
- Tastings - Whether you're heading out to Gagliano Vineyards solo, with a partner, with a group of friends, or as a family, you won't want to miss out on a tasting session in the boutique. You can try out a selection of different wines and enjoy a discount on any purchase you make afterwards. A member of the Gagliano team will conduct each tasting session, helping you highlight and identify the various notes and assisting you in choosing wines that suit your tastes.
- Picnics - Gagliano Vineyards also offers unique 'picnics' for guests. Available from Mother's Day through to Thanksgiving each year, these unique picnic baskets feature cheeses, patés, breads, desserts, fruits, and other little treats to accompany your Gagliano Vineyards wines, perfect for those romantic days out in the country. website