Los Angeles is one of the most famous and beloved cities on the planet. Renowned as the home of Hollywood and as a key touristic location, the city is also well known for its enormous contributions to the worlds of art, design, and architecture. Galleries and exhibitions are second nature to LA natives, with the city playing host to some of the greatest and creative minds of the 20th and 21st centuries.
The ever-present influence of these innovative creators and trendsetters helped Los Angeles to grow into such a pioneering city for the art world, and various shows and special events are held each year in LA to celebrate the city's art, design, and architecture. One of the most famous and significant series of shows is the Venice Design Series.
All About the Venice Design Series - Art and Design Shows in Los Angeles
Entering its fifth year of existence in 2019, the Venice Design Series is an annual series of shows and special events designed to allow guests to experience the dramatically diverse and extraordinarily impressive range of architectural creations and artistic visions found all around the city.
Involving home tours, dinner parties, and more, the Venice Design Series pulls back the curtain on some of Los Angeles' most unique locations and creations, giving guests 'up close and personal' encounters with some of the finest homes, studios, and landmarks throughout the various neighborhoods that make up Los Angeles.
Most importantly of all, the aspect of the Venice Design Series that really sets these events apart from so many other art and design shows in Los Angeles is that the whole series is organized for a very good cause. Profits from ticket sales go towards supporting Venice Community Housing, which aims to preserve the unique diversity of Venice and other LA neighborhoods, reducing homelessness and providing shelter and education to those in need.
VCH helps hundreds of people each and every year through its broad range of charitable services, and supporting this cause is a great way to give something back to the communities of the city and help to preserve its unique spirit, character, and diversity for generations to come.
Venice Design Series 2019
For 2019, the Venice Design Series will be celebrating its 5th edition, and the following six events are lined up to honor this momentous occasion:
- Venice Dinner Party - Kicking off the series on April 27 of 2019 is the Venice Dinner Party. Offering guests an inside look into the revolutionary, fully sustainable home of Cicek and Paul Bricault, designed by Bricault Design. Chef Matthew Kenney will provide the evening's fine dining and wine, with local musician Tom Freund playing an acoustic guitar set to add a soothing soundtrack to the event.
- Trousdale Estates Tour - On Sunday, April 28, beginning at 9am, the Trousdale Estates Tour will take guests on a journey of luxury homes around Beverly Hills. The likes of Elvis Presley's former home and the original Trousdale residence will be featured on the tour, which also includes a lunch at the Decker/Simon residence.
- Mar Vista's Historic Gregory Ain Homes Tour - May 4 will see the Mar Vista's Historic Gregory Ain Homes Tour set off at 9am. This tour takes guests around some of the dozens of homes designed by Gregory Ain back in the late 1940s in order to encourage home ownership in the area. Lunch will also be served at a newly renovated home in the area.
- Brentwood Dinner Party - The second dinner party of the Venice Design Series for 2019 will be held on May 5 and hosted by Carla Kirkeby. A luxurious residence filled with breathtaking artworks and fascinating design features, this home will provide a soothing, inspirational backdrop for an evening of fine dining and light entertainment.
- Downtown Los Angeles Artists Studio Tour - Cecilia Dan, the Venice Design Series co-chair and seasoned art collector, will lead the way on this tour around some of the most fascinating artist studios of downtown Los Angeles. The works of various up and coming artists will be on display before lunch at Momed Atwater Village.
- Venice Architecture and Design Tour - The whole purpose of the Venice Design Series is to help raise funds for the Venice area, so what better way to end the series than with this tour of the neighborhood? Guests will stop off at various unique homes and artworks of the area, able to appreciate the unique diversity and myriad of cultural influences that make Venice such a special place.
Tickets for the 2019 Venice Design Series, which is set to run from April 27 to May 18 and feature six separate events, are available for purchase online. Various ticket options are available, and proceeds will go towards Venice Community Housing to provide housing for homeless people, support services for those who have spent time on the streets in the past, and education for young people in need.
Examples of ticket packages include 'The International', which includes full access to all events, listing in press materials, twenty event tickets in total, and various other advantages, as well as 'The Constructionist', which provides six individual event tickets and inclusion in future VCH newsletters. website