Established in 1996, The Waterboy in Sacramento, CA offers a seasonal menu that features food with influences from northern Italy and southern France. The Waterboy is a neighborhood restaurant that welcomes its guests with an assortment of delicious menu options that are complemented by specially crafted cocktails as well as a full wine list. Offering great food prepared with much consideration along with great service is the goal at The Waterboy.
Reservations can be made online for The Waterboy via RESY or by contacting the restaurant directly at (916) 498-9891.
The Waterboy features a seasonal menu that showcases local food grown in the Sacramento Valley. Thus, the menu is ever changing. By offering menu items that use seasonal foods, customers receive the freshest food possible. The Waterboy offers lunch and dinner service with appetizers, a first and main course, sides, and dessert. The following is a sample of the menu items offered.
· Appetizers - Roasted peppers or almonds, devilled eggs, white anchovies, cheese plate, antipasto, oysters on a half shell, and more.
· First Course - La Bistro Frisee, bruschetta, sautéed veal sweetbreads, foie gras au torchon, soup, salads, 5 Dot Ranch steak tartare, iceberg lettuce wedge with buttermilk chicken, and more.
· Main Course - Daily fish and specials, Rick’s Deluxe Burger, taco truck lunch, seared dayboat scallops, braised ranch lamb shank, the Full Belly Eggplant Cannelloni, and more.
· Sides - Potato gratin, daily veggie selection, sautéed Tokyo turnips and greens, pommes frites with aioli, and more.
· Desserts - Cheese plate, daily sorbet, coffee creme brulee, cheesecake, affogato, profiteroles, Stillwater pear crostata, and more.
· Wine/Cocktails/Beer - An assortment of wines by the glass and the half bottles as well as specialty cocktails.
· Daily Specials - The Waterboy offers daily specials that are updated on the restaurant’s website.
The Waterboy hosts and participates in various events. Patrons can stay abreast of these events by visiting the restaurant's website or by subscribing to The Waterboy newsletter to receive the latest information about upcoming events.
The Waterboy is available as a private dining venue. The entire restaurant is available for buyout and accommodates up to 65 guests. Smaller private dining events can be accommodated at the private dining room located at The Waterboy’s sister restaurant OneSpeed Pizza. The smaller private dining room at OneSpeed accommodates 32 guests seated or 45 guests reception style. More information about private dining services is available by contacting The Waterboy directly at (916) 498-9891.
The Waterboy offers several items for sale, from gift cards to DVDs. Gift cards can be purchased by contacting the restaurant directly at (916) 498-9891. Branded apparel and artwork are available for sale as well as cooking DVDs and a Sacramento guide book that showcases The Waterboy and its sister restaurant OneSpeed Pizza. More details about various items for purchase are available online at The Waterboy website.
The Waterboy, 2000 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811, Phone: 916-498-9891
(Last Updated on October 17, 2017)