© The Back Abbey
Lunch & Dinner
· Appetizers – Pan-seared crab cakes, cheese platter, charcuterie platter, soft Bavarian pretzel, olives and nuts selection, and The Ploughman, which includes assorted charcuteries and cheeses paired with salad, pickled vegetables, and fruit, which is served with a baked baguette.
· Salads - Pub salad, seasonal salad, bistro frisee salad, and schnitzel made with breaded pork loin fried in duck fat. The menu includes The Man Salad which is made with grilled beef tenderloin.
· Pommes Frites - Fresh Kennebec potatoes are first fried in duck fat and then in soybean oil. Fries are served with horseradish chive sauce, remoulade, and ketchup. Pommes frites are served in half and full orders.
· Hamburgers - Hamburger options include The Back Abbey Brioche Bun Burger, grilled vegetable burger, The Backyard Burger, and the Seasonal Burger, which includes a turkey burger when available.
· Sandwiches - Bratwurst sausage sandwich, prosciutto San Daniele sandwich, hot link sausage sandwich, and The Tip, which is a grilled beef tenderloin sandwich. Hamburgers are served with a fresh green salad.
· Steak - 12ozdry-aged bone-in rib eye topped with maître d' butter and served with pomme frites and watercress salad.
· Mussels - Traditional Belgium-style mussels steamed in butter, garlic, lemon, leeks, parsley, and zest along with cream and white wine. Served with sliced baguette and butter.
· Soup - Soup of the Day served in a bowl with sliced baguette and butter.
· Desserts - Seasonal selections
· Beers - Beer available on tap and bottle. Bottled beers include varieties like Belgian, French, Dutch, German, British, and Canadian.
· Wines - A large variety of red and white wines served by the glass and by the bottle.