Johannes in Palm Springs, CA is the vision of Chef/Owner Johannes Bacher, where guests will enjoy modern European cuisine that is highly influenced by Bacher’s Austrian heritage as well as his many travels throughout the world. The menu is very eclectic, with a number authentic Austrian menu options such as schnitzel. Diners will enjoy the effort that has gone into creating a menu that is not only unique but also features the freshest sustainable organic ingredients. At Johannes, quality is important, and this is reflected in the consideration that has been taken to make a menu that offers quality food that is prepared fresh every day. Patrons will also enjoy the classy and comfortable dining atmosphere.
Johannes is open 6 days a week for dinner service. The specific days and hours of operation are as follows:
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Johannes accepts reservations online via OpenTable or by calling the restaurant directly at (760) 778-0017.
Johannes offers several menus that feature an assortment of Austrian-American fusion foods. The dinner menu is the main menu along with the schnitzel lover’s menu as well as the desserts and drinks menu.
· Main Menu - This is the dinner menu, and it includes an assortment of appetizers, main dishes, and drinks. Some menu options include Malayan meatballs, 8 escargots, ahi tuna and avocado tartare, house salad, cheese spaetzeln, seared Maine scallops, organic chicken curry, wiener schnitzel, sear-roasted Norwegian salmon, crispy roasted half duck, and more.
· Schnitzel Lover - Schnitzel is an authentic, classic Austrian dish that is offered in different variations. Some options include peppercorn, Jäger, wiener schnitzel, Mama’s, caper-lemon, natural pork loin wiener, organic chicken wiener, organic chicken caper lemon schnitzel, and more.
· Desserts - Dessert sampler, Tahitian vanilla creme brulee, fresh berries and lemon rosemary sorbet, “The Best Ever” apple strudel, profiteroles, warm Valrhona chocolate cake; Lavazza coffee: cappuccino (regular or double), café macchiato, latte (iced or hot), mochaccino, espresso (regular or double), and steamed milk.
· Bar Menu - Items on this menu are only served in the bar area. Menu offerings include: steak, eggs and fries, grilled lamb chops, polenta cake, Malayan meatballs, 8oz chopped Kobe beef steak, original classic organic chicken, and an assortment of side dishes.
· Drinks - A number of alcoholic beverages are offered, such as wines by the glass and half bottles: sparkling, red and white wines, champagne, chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, rose, cabernet sauvignon, merlot, Syrah, pinot noir, zinfandel, Malbec, French and Austrian wines, martinis, as well as an assortment of beers.
Johannes offers takeout for those customers who want to enjoy Johannes’ unique modern European cuisine but prefer not to dine in. Customers can place their order over the phone, and it will be available for pick up upon arrival.
Johannes offers private dining for special events. Those interested in learning more about using Johannes for their own private events should contact the restaurant directly at (760) 778-0017.
Johannes, 196 South Indian Canyon, Palm Springs, CA 92262, website, Phone: 760-778-0017