Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana is an American pizzeria that delivers the very taste of Italy to the streets of Fullerton. The pizzeria is a family-owned business managed by three generations of Italian pizzaiolos who have perfected the way their pizzas are made. Fuoco means fire in Italian, which refers to its traditional wood-fired oven and the fact that fire is the main element needed to create an authentic Napoletana pizza.
Stefano Ferrara Oven
The pizzeria's hand-built Stefano Ferrara oven is a work of art designed and built by master artisan Stefano Ferrara of Naples. The oven is made from Mt. Vesuvius's volcanic sand, Santa Maria bricks from the Campania region of Italy, and its biscotto di Sorrento is sourced from Sorrento, Italy. The oven is designed to handle extreme temperatures, which are a prerequisite to making Napolitano pizzas.
This magnificent wood-fired oven is fueled only by wood and burns at around 1,000 degree Fahrenheit. It takes 60-90 seconds to create a perfect pizza in the Stefano Ferrara oven.
Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana is open 7 days a week from 11:00am to 10:00pm every day.
Fuoco follows the same traditions and specifications that were applied in Napoli, where pizza was originally created. Owners Franco and Tullio Ceccarelli use super-fine double zero “00” Caputo flour, imported from Napoli, to prepare the soft Napoletana dough for their handmade pizzas. This especially soft dough is leavened naturally with very little yeast and oodles of time – this is the main process which makes Fuoco's pizzas light, airy, and easy to digest. The pizzas also use San Marzano tomatoes imported from Napoli.
Traditional Neapolitan pizzas are served whole without being sliced and are meant to be eaten with a fork and knife. However, Fuoco’s standard 12-inch pizzas can be sliced upon request.
Along with over 20 varieties of pizza, Fuoco also offers Italian classics like antipasti and insalate, handmade paninis, calzones, and traditional Italian desserts in its menu.
1. Insalate/Antipasti – Includes focaccia aromatica, caprese, spinaci, prosciutto e mozzarella, Involtini Ai Sapori, insalata della casa, rucolina, antipasto assortito, saracena, and burrata.
2. Mezzaluna Panini – Featuring caprese, salame, and prosciutto served with a side of mixed greens tossed in extra virgin olive oil and balsamico.
3. Calzone - classico and chiattone
4. Dolci - gelato, Nutella pizza, spumoni bomba, cannoli, tiramisu, limoncello flute, and Nutellamisu
Fuoco imports its mozzarella cheese from Caserta, Italy, every week. The pizzeria's menu also offers an option of a cheese selection coupled with homemade pesto, fresh arugula, focaccia, and cherry tomatoes. Guests get to choose from;
· Burrata - fresh mozzarella with a beautiful creamy center
· Fior di latte - fresh mozzarella made with cow’s milk
· Bufala and smoked bufala - mozzarella made from domestic Italian water buffalo milk
The pizzeria offers a special discount on specific days of the week, like Margherita Mondays and Wine Wednesdays. Patrons get to avail themselves of $5 margheritas and half-priced wine bottles on these special days.
Back to: Things to Do in Fullerton, CA
Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana, 101 N Harbor Blvd Fullerton, California 92832, Phone: 714-626-0727