Pottery is one of the oldest of mankind's inventions, with archaeological evidence showing the earliest traces of pottery dating back tens of thousands of years. In ancient civilizations, pottery was more functional than artistic, being used to create pots and containers for the storage and transport of liquids, but pottery swiftly became known and appreciated for its aesthetic value too, and this trend has continued up to the modern day, with potters still making use of traditional materials and techniques to make beautiful, timeless pieces. If you’re looking for top quality pottery in California, choose Clay + Craft.
Clay + Craft - High Quality California Pottery
Founded by Nicole Novena, Clay + Craft is a leading pottery and gifts store based out of Encinitas, CA. The store and studio were founded by Nicole Novena, an expert ceramic artist who focuses on modernity, simplicity, and timeless beauty in each and every one of her creations.
Whether it's a decorative vase or mug or something totally different like wall art or jewelry, Nicole always puts love and passion into the pieces she makes, helping her earn a 'Best of San Diego' business award from San Diego Magazine and getting Clay + Craft pottery featured in TV commercials and highly rated restaurants too.
If you're a lover of pottery and want to buy pottery in San Diego, Clay + Craft is the name to know. These beautiful pieces, made with care and attention to detail, are starting to appear in homes and businesses all around the country, all made with locally sourced materials with traditional techniques and imbued with creativity.
Visit Clay + Craft
If you enjoy and admire the work of Clay + Craft and would like to see it up close rather than simply ordering online, as well as getting the option to take pottery classes and participate in pottery workshops in California, here's all you need to know about visiting the Clay + Craft studio and store:
- Location - The Clay + Craft pottery studio and store is located at 810 N Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024.
- Opening Times - The Clay + Craft studio and store is open from 10am to 8pm on Thursdays and from 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. The store will also be open at other times by appointment online. To make an appointment with Clay + Craft, you can email email@example.com.
- The Experience - Designed with the local community in mind, the Clay + Craft studio and store is designed to be a warm and welcoming space where all pottery lovers and enthusiasts can feel right at home. You can shop for pottery or take part in a range of private events, workshops, classes, and projects too.
- Lessons - Visitors to the Clay + Craft studio can choose to take a full wheel lesson or pay a small fee to get 90 minutes of free time on the pottery wheel to work at their own pace on their own personal projects. The lessons take you through the basics of using a pottery wheel, essentially like a pottery 101 crash course, running for 90 minutes, including a 30-minute demonstration and then a full hour to actually put what you've learned into practice. Once you get better at using the wheel, you can reserve time on it, being given a few pounds of clay and access to all of the studio tools to make your own pottery, even paying an extra fee to have it glazed and fired.
- Projects - A great range of DIY handbuilding projects are always available for guests of the Clay + Craft studio too. The different DIY projects will vary throughout the year but can include things like pinch pots, ceramic wall art, wind chimes, and vases. Costs of each project vary too, but each one will involve participants being given some clay and the tools they need to make their own items. Once they've dried, the pieces are fired and glazed, ready to be collected and taken home.
- Workshops - The final educational, hands-on opportunities of the Clay + Craft pottery studio in Encinitas take the form of two hour workshops. These workshops provide all the clay, instructions, and inspirational guidance you need to make your own mugs or vases. You'll work alongside like minded pottery lovers to craft your piece, getting it fired and glazed to your liking and picking it up from the store a few weeks later. These workshops are an exciting way to give pottery a try for the first time or to put your pottery skills to the test. website