Though San Diego initially missed out on much of the nation's third-wave coffee craze in the 1990s, the coastal Southern California city has seen a rise in craft coffee shops and micro-roasters over the past decade, with dozens of new cafes entering the picture alongside longtime city favorites such as Bird Rock Coffee Roasters and Dark Horse Coffee Roasters.
Today, the city's coffee scene rivals more well-known coffee-loving areas such as Seattle and Portland. For coffee lovers who prefer an extra kick with their brew, many of the city's roasters have teamed up with regional and national breweries to create coffee-infused beers, such as Stone Brewery's renowned Xocoveza stout, a collaboration with Mostra Coffee.
2.WestBean Coffee Roasters
4.Coava Coffee Roasters
5.Better Buzz Coffee Roasters
6.Bay Park Coffee
7.Zumbar Coffee and Tea
8.Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
12.Coffee and Tea Collective
16.Dark Horse Coffee Roasters
18.Heartwork Coffee Bar
19.James Coffee Co.
19 Best Coffee Shops in San Diego
- Ironsmith Coffee, Photo: fotogiunta/stock.adobe.com
- WestBean Coffee Roasters, Photo: WestBean Coffee Roasters
- Cafe Virtuoso, Photo: Cafe Virtuoso
- Coava Coffee Roasters, Photo: Coava Coffee Roasters
- Better Buzz Coffee Roasters, Photo: Better Buzz Coffee Roasters
- Bay Park Coffee, Photo: Bay Park Coffee
- Zumbar Coffee and Tea, Photo: vagharshakyan/stock.adobe.com
- Bird Rock Coffee Roasters, Photo: Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
- Bean Bar, Photo: Bean Bar
- Lestat's, Photo: Lestat's
- Cafe Moto, Photo: Cafe Moto
- Coffee and Tea Collective, Photo: Coffee and Tea Collective
- Holsem Coffee, Photo: Holsem Coffee
- Mostra Coffee, Photo: Mostra Coffee
- Young Hickory, Photo: Young Hickory
- Dark Horse Coffee Roasters, Photo: Dark Horse Coffee Roasters
- Por Vida, Photo: Por Vida
- Heartwork Coffee Bar, Photo: Heartwork Coffee Bar
- James Coffee Co., Photo: James Coffee Co.
- Cover Photo: djile/stock.adobe.com