A stay on a working farm is a great way to get back to nature, watch plants grown all around you and meet farm animals. Our list of the best getaways in Sonoma includes luxury as well as affordable options for couples and families.
If you are looking to celebrate a romantic occasion in a luxury setting, book a room at the Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant which has a fantastic restaurant and a spa. The historic Beltane ranch is a great choice for couples celebrating an anniversary or a special occasion. Full House Farm is a beautiful destination for families and couples who want to spend their vacation learning about agriculture. More ideas in California. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
2.Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
3.Full House Farm
Best Farm Vacations in the Sonoma Valley
More Ideas: Balletto Vineyards
Great wines are being made all around the world and have been enjoyed for thousands of years, far and wide, forming the basis of countless customs and celebrations and even playing a key role in the development of many societies and cultures. In short, wine has always been and continues to be of vital importance, savored and appreciated by millions.
When we think of American wines, our minds turn to California. The Golden State makes more wine than any other state in America, with its warm climate, fertile lands, ocean winds, and unique landscapes lending themselves perfectly to the growing of many different grape varieties.
The likes of Sonoma County and the Napa Valley stand out as some of California's leading wine producing areas, and there are many American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) all over CA. The Russian River Valley AVA is one of the most prestigious and successful. Based around the Russian River, this AVA makes up about 1/6 of all vineyard acreage in Sonoma County and has been an official AVA since the early 1980s.
The uniquely cool climate and foggy mornings of the Russian River Valley provide idyllic conditions for the growing of Pinot noir and Chardonnay varietals, but the likes of Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon blanc, Syrah, Zinfandel, Merlot, and several other grapes can thrive here too and many people enjoy exploring the wineries of this region and tasting some of its greatest bottles. One of the leading Russian River Valley wineries is Balletto Vineyards.
Balletto Vineyards - Sonoma County Winery
The story of Balletto Vineyards goes all the way back to 1977. It was in that year that teenage John Balletto established Balletto Ranch alongside his mother, Hazel. The pair had 5 acres of land and decided to plant their own veggies, with John turning down several scholarships to support the family business. Over a decade later, the family grown as John married his wife, Terri, and the family's vegetable business continued to thrive, eventually becoming the biggest farm in Northern California by 1994 and boasting 700 acres of land.
However, as water shortages posed an increasingly common problem to the area, John and Terri decided to do things differently in 1995, plating their very first vineyard and setting into motion a chain of events that would see them become the owners of one of the state's leading wineries. They later sold off their vegetable business, devoting themselves entirely to wine, tending to their vines and cultivating high quality grapes to create some of the Russian River Valley's best Pinot noir and Chardonnay wines.
Each year, Balletto Vineyards makes use of just 10% of the fruit it grows to make around 20-25,000 cases of wine, selling off the other fruit to local wineries and contributing to the entire AVA. Through meticulous farming, attention to detail, a love of nature, investment in sustainable practices, and an endless desire to craft the finest wines of all, this family has succeeded where others have failed and produces world class wines each and every year.
Join The Balletto Vineyards Wine Club
One of the best ways to enjoy Balletto Vineyards wines on a regular basis is to sign up for the exclusive wine club. Here's how it works:
- Subscriptions - Several different subscription plans are available, including bi-monthly deliveries or 3x per year deliveries. You can choose between 2, 4, 6, or 12 bottles in your delivery and elect to receive only reds, only whites, or a mixture each time. There's no fee to join, so you only have to pay the subscription cost, and deliveries can be arranged all across the nation, including to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Benefits - Those who choose to join the Balletto Vineyards wine club enjoy a range of exclusive benefits including 20% off all retail wine prices, 10% off merchandise, free tasting experiences and tours, access to exclusive releases, invitations to special events, and a regular newsletter.
Visit Balletto Vineyards
To really appreciate and understand the work that goes into Balletto Vineyards wine and the immense quality of this winery’s creations, you simply have to visit. Many visitors to Sonoma County stop off at Balletto Vineyards’ tasting room and winery, and here’s all you need to know about doing the same:
- Location - This Sonoma County tasting room is located at 5700 Occidental Rd, Santa Rosa, CA.
- Opening Times - The tasting room is open every single day of the week, from 10am through to 5pm. No reservations are needed if you're coming with a group of 6 or fewer, but larger groups will need to get in touch in advance so that the winery can make arrangements to accommodate you.
- Experience - This pet-friendly winery tasting room offers tasting sessions for a small fee, which can be waived with the purchase of some bottles or cases, as well as the Balletto On-Board Tours, which take you all around the winery and vineyards on board an oversized golf cart. There are also self-guided tours you can enjoy if you prefer to take in the vineyard without a guide. Be sure to visit the official Balletto Vineyards site to learn more.
You are reading "Best Farm Vacations in the Sonoma Valley " Back to Top