Global travel is more accessible than ever before, with so many different options available to the modern-day traveler. With more options come more possibilities, and many modern tourists and backpackers are interested in exploring the lesser-known areas that are a little 'off the beaten path'. There are dozens of highly popular touristic beaches all over the world, especially in areas like the Caribbean, but if you're looking for something different, a Central American adventure could be the ideal option, with Honduras in particular proving to be an awesome spot for breaks at the beach. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.West Bay Beach
5 Best Honduras Beaches
- West Bay Beach, Photo: st_matty/stock.adobe.com
- Sambo Creek, Photo: Jahman/stock.adobe.com
- Water Cay, Photo: Trish Drury/Danita Delimont/stock.adobe.com
- Cochinos Cays, Photo: Dino/stock.adobe.com
- Trujillo, Photo: Iakov Kalinin/stock.adobe.com
- More Info, Photo: st_matty/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of John Anderson - Fotolia.com
More Ideas: Barefoot Cay
On any list of the best vacation destinations in the world, you're sure to find a few Caribbean islands and nations being mentioned. With its turquoise waters, white sands, amazing biodiversity, non-stop sunshine, and incredible scenery, the Caribbean is home to some truly magical locations. Roatan is a perfect example.
This little island is located just 40 miles off the coast of Honduras and is the biggest of the Honduras Bay Islands, situated alongside Utila and Guanaja. Stretching out for nearly 50 miles in length but just 5 miles in width at its widest point, Roatan is a real picture postcard of the Caribbean, complete with some of the whitest sands, clearest waters, and most awe-inspiring views in the entire region.
People visit Roatan from all over the world, with plenty of cruise ships sailing past and stopping off at this location, and it's a dream spot for all kinds of beach activities like sunbathing, snorkeling, swimming, and more. Anyone planning a trip and looking for luxury accommodation in Roatan simply has to consider a stay at Barefoot Cay.
Barefoot Cay - Luxury Resort in Roatan
With a name that conjures up images and sensations of soft sands and total relaxation, Barefoot Cay is ranked as one of the best places to stay on the island of Roatan. It’s also one of the most luxurious hotels in the whole Caribbean, popular with guests for its beautiful rooms, super services, and excellent dining options. Here’s everything you need to know about Barefoot Cay and why it’s regarded as such a great place to stay:
- Luxury Accommodation at Barefoot Cay - When you visit the Caribbean, you're looking for a relaxing getaway, and you'll probably spend most of your time outdoors, enjoying the sun, sand, and sea, but you need a cozy, comfortable, luxurious place to rest your head each night and retreat to whenever you like. That's exactly what Barefoot Cay is able to provide. Accommodation at this resort takes the form of oceanfront villas. One-bedroom, two-bedroom, and grand villas are all available, all being mere minutes away from the beach. Each villa has been decorated and furnished to a breathtaking standard, providing all the comforts and features you could possibly desire.
- Privacy - Barefoot Cay is a private resort on a privately-owned 4 acre cay, which is just off the main road of Roatan. Roatan is already regarded as an island paradise, but Barefoot Cay really lets you live out your private island dreams and fantasies. There's a pool, marina, diving shop nearby, and more, all waiting to be discovered and enjoyed, with the cay itself having plenty of scenic walking trails and soft sands, perfect for romantic walks and lazy afternoons. If you really want to enjoy total privacy and comfort on your Caribbean getaway, this is the ideal place to stay.
- Fine Dining at Barefoot Cay - No luxury Caribbean resort can be complete without some fine dining, and Barefoot Cay is no exception to this rule. Guests at this luxury Roatan resort will be able to take a seat at the resort's restaurant, Noni, either outdoors in the Pool Cabana area or upstairs in the Lookout Lounge with stunning views over the sand and sea. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at Noni, with a good mixture of classic fare and island delights on the menu at all hours. There's plenty of seafood to choose from, sourced locally, as well as lots of Caribbean and traditional Honduran dishes.
- Spa Services - Barefoot Cay is all about providing the perfect environment for guests to lie back, relax, forget their worries, and have the happiest and most peaceful Caribbean vacation possible. In order to enhance and improve your trip further, Barefoot Cay also features its own spa, with skilled, professional therapists offering a wide range of spa services including massages and body scrubs. These treatments can truly let your mind and body slip into a state of blissful relaxation and are just right after spending a busy day out on the water or exploring the island.
- Weddings on Roatan at Barefoot Cay - A wedding is supposed to be the most special day of your life. It's a day to look back on lovingly for years to come, with magical memories that can never be forgotten, so imagine how special those memories and that day could be if you held it at a luxury location like Barefoot Cay? This resort has hosted several weddings in the past and is classed as one of the best wedding venues in the entire Caribbean. Groups of up to 60 people can celebrate at Barefoot Cay, with accommodation available for groups of up to 40 and the possibility of renting out the entire cay and having the whole place to yourselves for your big day.
Roatan is one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands of all and Barefoot Cay is widely considered to be the best place to stay on this island. Offering breathtaking accommodation and excellent facilities for all guests to enjoy, this resort stands out above the rest in all aspects.
You are reading "5 Best Honduras Beaches " Back to Top