Angsana Velavaru in the Maldives is a tropical island getaway located on the South Nilandhe Atoll. Vacationers enjoy great scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, dolphin tours and unique spa treatments with spectacular views. There are just 79 villas and 33 water villas on the island, great for a honeymoon. For a unique experience, sign up for a dolphin tour. The resort has a PADI 5-star Gold Dive Center and is near 30 pristine diving sites.
The award-winning resort spa features private rooftop spa pavilions and beautifully-appointed garden spa pavilions. Enjoy a relaxing massage or soothing aromatherapy with a range of scented oils such as rosemary, lavender, jasmine, and frangipani. Couples can book a spa treatment over the water and enjoy spectacular views.
InOcean & Beachfront Villas
The resort offers a selection of stunning villas, some set right over the water, complete with a private pool. Many of these villa layouts are perfect for a dream honeymoon in the tropics.
- Beachfront villa: There stylish villas are the most affordable and are located right on the beach facing the sunrise. Some of these beachfront villas have a private jet pool.
- Deluxe Beachfront Pool Villa: These guest accommodations feature a private garden, wooden deck on the beach and free internet access.
- Velavaru Villa: Enjoy a separate living area and spend your days outdoors relaxing in the sun next to a private pool.
- Angsana Villa: Angsana Villa is set on a secluded stretch of beach, built for couples and honeymooners. There is a plunge pool, and spacious living and resting areas.
- InOcean Pool Villa: These 11 villas right next to a coral reef, complete with a hammock over the water an a private infinity pool. Once you check in, you will never want to leave this plush abode. There is even a dedicated area for spa treatments.
- Sunset InOcean Pool Villa: These two-storey villas are ultra luxurious and provide couples with a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Sanctuary InOcean Pool Villa: Enjoy stunning ocean views from your bed, the tub and the private deck.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Resort restaurants serve international cuisine and offers a choice of indoor and outdoor seating. Have a romantic sunset dinner at Funa which is built over the water.
- Kuredhi Bar: Sip refreshing drinks and sample tasty hors d’oeuvres at the edge of the water.
- Azzurro Restaurant and Bar: The restaurant serves Italian cuisine and has an open air deck with spectacular ocean views.
- Funa Restaurant: Dine over the water at this amazing eatery which serves fresh seafood and international dishes.
- Kaani Restaurant: The restaurant serves a lavish buffet and à la carte menu of continental cuisine with a subtle Asian flavors. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- In-Villa Dining: Once you check into your overwater villa, you may decide that you never want to leave. And you don't have to. Order from the diverse room service menu and dine on the deck with a view of the water.
Underwater & Beach Wedding Packages
The island has a spectacular wedding chapel, built partially over the water, offering the most spectacular views. Choose from three unique settings for your wedding. The Castaway Island Beach Wedding includes: traditional drummers, sunset wedding on the beach, BBQ dinner and more.
You can also get married underwater during the Underwater Wedding, complete with a photographer, sunset cruise, massages, private BBQ on the beach and a special gift.
The resort has fun activities and games for the younger guests, including castle building, beach games, treasure hunts and more.
The resort has a resident marine biologist who monitors local marine life such as turtles and coral. Guests can attend marine biology classes and go on a guided snorkeling safari to explore the coral reefs.
Tips, Deals & Packages
Villa rates start at $311 USD per night. Ask for beach packages and other specials. Ask about the romantic package which includes: champagne, romantic villa decorations and candles. You may also like the "Castaway dinner" special which includes a specially prepared romantic dinner on a secluded island, complete with a personal butler.
Plan This Trip:
Location: South Nilandhe Atoll (Dhaalu Atoll) , Maldives , +960 676 0028