Located in our nation’s capital of Washington, D.C., the Thomas Jefferson Memorial honors and preserves the legacy of one of our founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson. The only attraction at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial is the memorial itself. The exterior of the Memorial features marble steps and an open concept with a dome. In addition to the architectural elements of the Memorial, an array of Japanese cherry trees are planted around the Memorial. These trees were gifted from Japan in the early 1900s. More Things to Do in Washington, DC
Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- History, Photo: Courtesy of Paul Lemke - Fotolia.com
- Attractions, Photo: Courtesy of romanslavik.com - Fotolia.com
- Educational Opportunities, Photo: Courtesy of faustasyan - Fotolia.com
- Special Events, Photo: Courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto - Fotolia.com