Morven was originally home to one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, then to five New Jersey governors. It was built by Richard Stockton in the 1750’s on land granted by William Penn. Stockton later went on to become a prominent lawyer and a member of the Continental Congress. Stockton’s wife Annis was one of America’s first published female poets, recognized for her works celebrating the heroes of the Revolution.
Things to Do in Princeton, NJ: Morven Museum
- History, Photo: Morven Museum
- Permanent Exhibition, Photo: Morven Museum
- Current Exhibitions, Photo: Morven Museum
- Activities, Photo: Morven Museum
- Cover Photo: Morven Museum