Fort McHenry is located in Baltimore, Maryland and is the site of the historic American war defense fort, Fort McHenry. The fort's rich history of strength and national defense began in 1776 when citizens of Baltimore were attacked by British ships.
The fort not only survived the attack, but was developed into one of the strongest defensive forts in United States history. The fort has served many different purposes and has withstood many wars over the years, including the War of 1812, the Civil War and even both World Wars.
2.Things to See
5.Plan Your Trip
Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine in Baltimore, Maryland
- History, Photo: Courtesy of Andrea Izzotti - Fotolia.com
- Things to See, Photo: Courtesy of lspi138 - Fotolia.com
- Educational Programs, Photo: Courtesy of spiritofamerica - Fotolia.com
- More Programs, Photo: Courtesy of Zack Frank - Fotolia.com
- Plan Your Trip, Photo: Courtesy of jonbilous - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Zack Frank - Fotolia.com